Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Trade Shows, Conferences & Expos
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th September 2008, 03:11 AM   #31
banners56

Default High End

Large format printing can help a great deal.

banners56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 22nd September 2008, 08:09 AM   #32
expoprom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieHFS View Post
What is the best way to get people to stop by your booth at a trade show or expo? I am already doing pre show mailers and provide some sponsorships anything else you can think of? Thanks
good luck, its not easy..

expoprom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 10:24 AM   #33
Rachel

Default giveaways

Jackie,

I really like the flashlight giveaways. I've become a big fan of the mini-flashlights. In part, because my friend's kids use them as night lights but also because they are convenient to put on key ring or just keep in car as a back up. It's something small but useful. Good find!

Best of luck with your show.

Old 7th November 2008, 10:53 AM   #34
poorrichardspro

Hi guys,

We wrote a report about the "7 Deadly Mistakes Trade Show Professionals Make When Purchasing Promotional Items" and it talks alot about how to bring people to your booth. For example, get your booth by the restrooms with people walking by constantly, its huge to be around traffic. Also, get a corner booth, it's more access for your clients if you have a 10 x 10 booth, but you look bigger than you really are, and many more.

Enjoy,

Kellie

poorrichardspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 11:31 PM   #35
ExpoExpert

If you really want to smash your competition, stand out and produce a greater return on investment year round, especially after your expo is over and also during your expo, produce your own TV show on site! People are drawn to the power of the camera!! That will draw a lot of attention to your booth and make you stand out from the rest. Plus, you will be able to upload your interviews on your website, the social media sites and receive a great return on investment year round while making yourself stand out from your competition! The booth is not the attraction, your business, product and service is. So feature them in your online programming that will work for you year round long after your expos are over with!

Rey

Last edited by ExpoExpert; 8th December 2008 at 11:35 PM.
ExpoExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 03:40 AM   #36
vishalsharma

Woman is beautiful creation of GOD. Most of the customer attract by women.
You can display the attractive as well as new things in exhibition.

vishalsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 10:46 AM   #37
jm3

Definitely some good ideas here. The promotional gifts idea is something that I can especially agree with, as long as it's the right kind of giveaway. If it is in your budget I'd recommend a branded flashdrive with your company's materials. Another good giveaway that I have encountered is a tote bag, or a reusable grocery bag. It comes in handy at expos and trade shows since they'll have something to carry all of the handouts they get!

While a promo gets them to your booth, one thing to ask is: how will you keep them there? Again, I agree with those who have said something along the lines of keeping prospect engaged. I once went to a booth where I only had the intention of getting the giveaway, but stayed because the rep took the time to engage with me by asking me questions,etc.

jm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 04:10 PM   #38
CapitalExhibits

I agree with Jayson88. Vibrant graphics and displays boost the company image and gives a quick visual of what the company does.

Last edited by CapitalExhibits; 24th April 2009 at 04:12 PM.
CapitalExhibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 10:15 AM   #39
tanzc69

I have been running events for around 5 years now so feel i can offer some valuable opinions to this thread

I definitely agree that some sort of branded giveaway will always attract people to your stand. Sweets and chocolate i wouldnít bother with because as someone mentioned, as soon as they have been eaten the brand with be discarded. Have a look at what you have on your desk........ I have loads of those squidgy balls on my desk, each with a different company brand on it. And donít just go for the boring ball shape - i have lemons, cows, hearts etc!

The USB's are really good as well - yes a little more expensive but something i feel is worth the investment and you can load your brochure etc on to them

As much as i hate to admit it being female, scantily clad ladies giving out literature will always work especially if it is a male dominated event - middle aged professional men seem to go all silly if a pretty girl smiles and gives them something and guaranteed they will always take it!

Finally - NEVER sit down on your stand and/or play with your laptop/check emails etc unless necessary - it makes you look uninterested, bored and unapproachable. You would not believe how many people do this at an event and then have the nerve to complain they didnít get the leads they wanted!!

tanzc69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 11:57 AM   #40
expoben

Besides attractive show assistants passing out free things, crowds will draw customers to your booth. How many times have you yourself wondered why people were crowding around a certain booth and have gone and looked for yourself?

I think there is a differentiation that has to be realized -- drawing people to your booth and making them your customer are two different things.

You really want the second one, but in general you need the first to start.
The first without the second is just a waste of time and money.

Once the people are there in front of your booth interacting with you, there are several judgment actions going through their head:

1. Is this a good product/service?
2. Is this a likable and knowledgeable person that I'm talking to?
3. Are the display materials there professional?

And in this economy, I myself think:

4. Where did all the money to buy these display materials come from. Did they needlessly overspend, or were they thoughtfully careful. You see, when I visited a supplier once, he told me -- he never visits his customers in the fancy Lexus, staying at a 5-star hotel and flying first class. The buyer knows, all that glitz is the buyer's money.

expoben is offline   Reply With Quote