Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Trade Shows, Conferences & Expos
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st June 2009, 01:39 PM   #41
touchkit

Ever notice how so many trade show booths present the same static feeling?

It's a fact - studies comparing companies using interactive displays with those using static displays show that people will stay in an interactive display almost twice as long as a static display, giving the exhibitor a greater opportunity to build stronger relationships. Involvement and relationships are key factors to increased sales.

Use a large format Interactive Touch Screen display.
Will make your exhibit and message more memorable, accomplish your goal of attracting visitors to your booth and achieve a greater return on your tradeshow investment.

touchkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 3rd June 2009, 03:20 AM   #42
jarmaine

An impressive booth design will definitely attract customers. Its great that you've been doing pre-mailers. You could include there a coupon that they can present during the event to claim a free item. Or you could even have a ticket of some sort that they need to submit during the event to qualify for a raffle or an item giveaway.

jarmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 05:29 AM   #43
JLeesCastro

Send a message via Skype™ to JLeesCastro

You should come up with something creative, like how about a competition with a prize for the winner? Issue a press release and post articles about it - let the media know too so you can draw prospects in.

Tradeshows can be an expensive marketing investment, so you absolutely need to make the most of it. Virtual tradeshows and webinars are another option, and a lot less expensive.

Joanna

JLeesCastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 10:13 PM   #44
gregdbowen

Default Animation, plasma TVs, disc media

I have done animation for trade shows before - HD Flat screens are pretty cheap nowadays - also have done take away DVDs - product viz work..

Multimedia has to be done well though - And if they can just get it on line there is not much point, but if you have hi-res stills of products or good videos. It is as much of a fancy lure as anything.

gregdbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 08:57 AM   #45
siralex

Default Best Solution for Attracting Traffic to a Trade Show Booth

We exhibit regularly throughout the year. I have been organizing and standing on Trade Show Booths for more years than I care to remember.

This year we found the best solution for attracting traffic to our booth - we invested in a Trade Show Quiz program. It was not expensive at all. At the bigger shows we run a quiz on one or more rented kiosks, but at the smaller shows we run our quiz on a PC or on a Laptop on a table. People stop and look at the screen and ask what it is. We use the quiz to help us talk to people who stop and just want to leave a business card. We offer a gift for taking the quiz (generally a bottle of water or a granola bar) and whilst they do the quiz we talk to them. When they complete the quiz they need to add their personal information and that is saved as a text file on the computer.

We have found a lot of good leads that led to some very good sales due to the trade show quiz we run. We have also customized a quiz to promote our products and add some of product sell sheets to the software. This helps us especially well with customers we already know.

I found this trade show quiz software searching on google for a "trade show quiz". The company we bought the system from was Eterna Software (eternasoftware.com) and as I say this is the best solution I have found for attracting traffic to our booth.

Brian Hall
Trade Show Manager

siralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 03:06 PM   #46
BioSolutions

We are doing our first trade show in a couple months. We just did our first "reverse-trade show" last night, which went pretty darn good. I have gone through all the comments and they have given me some really good ideas. I'm sure we will put many of these in action, great post for me!

BioSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 05:20 AM   #47
greenfin1

One booth I remember that was attractive was one that served free espresso/cappuccino.

greenfin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2009, 06:52 PM   #48
ernest1918

You can get yourself a retractable banner stand......they come in all kinds of different sizes and shapes maybe even use a standing poster frame check out my signature for my details

ernest1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 03:54 PM   #49
webmaster8753

Default Attractive Display Stand With A Plasma TV

An eye-catching display stand helps of course, but plasma tv with a professional presentation of your company overview always draws in eyeballs.

webmaster8753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 12:28 AM   #50
webmaster8753

Having a flashy exhibition display is the best way.

webmaster8753 is offline   Reply With Quote