Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th March 2015, 12:52 AM   #1
shivshakti

Post Back Link From Google With Do-follow

i see getting backlink from your G+ business profile page, does not have a no-follow tag. can this be helpful in building link profile?
I m confused!!!

shivshakti is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th March 2015, 10:04 AM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Any link can be useful in building your link profile, whether it's coded as "nofollow" or not. Google may not allow "nofollow" links to pass PageRank, but that doesn't necessarily mean they totally ignore them. Your link profile is not just about "link juice" -- they also take a look at the kinds of links you have.

Now, as to this specific link -- first, it's a link from a Google-controlled website. They don't need to code it as "nofollow" to know that it's a link you can create yourself, and therefore less valuable than an editorial link bestowed by someone else.

In fact, Google can (and does) prevent all sorts of links from passing "juice," even if they're not coded "nofollow." All they have to do is decide they're not going to "count" the links from any site, for any reason, and suddenly links from that site won't do you any good in terms of PageRank.

Meaning that just because a link doesn't have a "nofollow" code on it, that doesn't mean it definitely passes PageRank.

Again, this is not to say that these links can't count in your favor (or to your detriment, depending on the reputation of the site) in terms of your overall link profile. It just means they're not going to pass any "link juice" to your page.

Generally speaking, any link you can place yourself will be less valuable than a link that another outside webmaster gives you because they are impressed with your content.

--Torka

Old 26th March 2015, 05:50 PM   #3
MarkBrown

While I'm not a 100% sure about G+ pages, I am 100% sure that G+ personal profile backlinks are nofollow, but...

If you're logged out of Google, that same profile link magically becomes dofollow...so I think there is a good chance that at least search engines other than google will recognize that backlink as dofollow (but like torka said, we can only speculate how google treats the link).

But I wouldn't underestimate the power of that G+ profile backlink...because lots of sites allow you to create a link back to your google+ profile page (I think sbb allows it too)...meaning that the authority of your g+ profile could increase quite a lot over time...

This is also known as pagerank funneling, a SEO technique that can be completely white hat (if you believe such a thing even exists) or completely black hat (when abused all over the internet without adding any real value to the sites you leave a spammy footprint on)

MarkBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2015, 10:58 PM   #4
jeffscott
VIP Contributor

It doesn't matter to me whether if it is no follow or do follow link what matters most is the information that i had provided is successfully obtained by the targeted users.

jeffscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2015, 02:00 PM   #5
JOSourcing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffscott View Post
It doesn't matter to me whether if it is no follow or do follow link what matters most is the information that i had provided is successfully obtained by the targeted users.
I completely agree with this. I remember when awareness and usage of the nofollow attribute increased 100-fold because of paid-link-paranoia. The problem is that any link that's nofollow is now suspect as a result, so I never use it on my site (unless I'm preventing indexing of my own internal pages).

JOSourcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 02:30 AM   #6
mairajassy

Yeah definitely it will very effective because the Google + has high authority and the link from social network can really make better..

mairajassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2015, 02:53 AM   #7
MarshallKing

I know and have tried this that links shared over G plus and with plus one votes help to site index faster and also it helps to bring traffic by making your share viral, with the help of new members.

MarshallKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 08:23 AM   #8
dimsum

Google+ backlinks are all nofollow now.

dimsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 01:46 AM   #9
chrisjohn93
VIP Contributor

You can get one do-follow back link from Google+ just Put your website link in your profile Introduction. This will a do-follow link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimsum View Post
Google+ backlinks are all nofollow now.

chrisjohn93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2015, 02:10 AM   #10
SoftDev

It doesn't matter to me. An authority link is what matters most whether it's nofollow or dofollow. Even if it's nofollow that doesn't mean it'll not pass link juice.