Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Newsletters and Email Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd July 2010, 11:33 AM   #1
TravisPetelle

Default Some Helpful Tips On How To Get More People To Sign Up To Your Email List.

The more small businesses that I come across, the more problems I see with their email marketing campaigns. 95% of them aren't using very effective methods of capturing and taking full advantage of emails. I thought I would share a little bit about improving your sign up rate. Try these few things:

1. Offer something of great value in exchange for their email address. This could be a simple report you wrote - "10 Things You Must Know Before Hiring A Plumber". It could just be a special promotion you are offering only those that sign up - "20% off Drain Service". There are endless ideas you could use here, but the point is the prospect will give you their email if they are interested in your service. It builds trust with them quickly because they feel you are offering them advice for nothing of value in exchange.

2. Keep your sign up form 'above the fold'. What this means is having the form for them to sign up and your free offer at a point on your website where they don't have to scroll down to see it. This helps improve sign up rates tremendously.

3. Have areas of your website link to a squeeze page. A squeeze page is something that's only purpose is to get their email. It will be a mini sales page on why they should be giving you their email. It works like magic.

Try these three things and you will see your email list grow tremendously.

Travis

TravisPetelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 23rd July 2010, 01:52 PM   #2
SEOGOOROO

thanks travis for this info. a bit basic but i'm sure their many members that would get some great ideas out of this!

SEOGOOROO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2010, 06:47 AM   #3
rockroad005

Very informative one dude, thankz for sharing this to us.

rockroad005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 03:55 PM   #4
davidbkeegan

Very informative on how to get them, now how do you keep them?

davidbkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 11:59 AM   #5
nicolebeckett

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbkeegan View Post
Very informative on how to get them, now how do you keep them?
You give them something of value . Email subscribers understand that you're going to try and sell them something, but you have to give them quality stuff they can use, too. For my own company's email list, I offer them a newsletter series just for signing up. All of the newsletters are informative, and they only mention my actual site and what I sell right at the very bottom (in a sentence or 2) - after 500 words of genuine info that they can use.

nicolebeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 07:19 PM   #6
WebWizard

Some good advice. Email list are abit outdated due to the overwealming expansion of SPAM lol. Stick to strong Newsletter based systems. Which allow members to monitor activity through a Panel instead of simply email.

Alot of time & money goes to waste in Email Marketing. Choose wisely.

WebWizard is offline   Reply With Quote