Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd July 2012, 12:48 PM   #1
Mike.Bean
VIP Contributor

Default Same Paragraph On Every Product

I am trying to figure out if having the same paragraph on every product would be a bad thing.

I know it would be bad to have the same description on every product, but this isn't a description it is a helpful paragraph stating this:

Having trouble finding the wheelchair part you need? Please call us at 1-800-328-5343 or fill out the (Link)Wheelchair Parts Request Form(Link). One of our friendly customer service representatives will be happy to help you.

Or would it be best to just have the "wheelchair parts request form" Link on every page.

Or would it be best to have neither and try putting that in a higher category making it on one page instead of every product page?

www.mediabean.biz

www.philosophyroundtable.com
Mike.Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th July 2012, 09:36 AM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

As long as the actual products and product description are different (and make up the bulk of the content), there's nothing wrong with having a small bit of "boilerplate" text such as this on every page. I think what you have there would be useful to your human visitors.

Search engines want sites that are user-friendly. They're not going to penalize you for making your site better for human visitors.

--Torka

Old 24th July 2012, 11:02 AM   #3
ReganP

I agree with Torka on this. Just make sure you have well-written product descriptions of adequate length, and consider updating them every now and again.

Old 24th July 2012, 02:28 PM   #4
garrett123

Quote:
Originally Posted by torka View Post
As long as the actual products and product description are different (and make up the bulk of the content), there's nothing wrong with having a small bit of "boilerplate" text such as this on every page. I think what you have there would be useful to your human visitors.
--Torka

I would agree with this also. As long as the majority of the content on the page is unique. I don't think it would be too much of a problem.

Old 24th July 2012, 11:53 PM   #5
sophieperrone

I do agree with Torka, there is nothing wrong in placing such text on each page but still i would recommend placing some call to action stuff rather than only link to that form. You can place:

- small quick contact form
- Banner or Button containing link to that page
- Other stuff that can attract visitors to click on that link !!

sophieperrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 02:40 AM   #6
CrossCountry2

Remember that duplicate content can get us in trouble with search engines. I suggest that you add other content to your duplicated paragraph.

The description of the product is good content, I imagine not all content will be the same.

CrossCountry2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 07:20 AM   #7
Rayjak

I agree that it probably won't hurt but if you are really concerned, put the wording in a jpg.

Rayjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 11:22 AM   #8
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

There would not be any issue for sure. Google would not hurt you for your own stuff, if that's to a certain limit.

Old 12th October 2012, 07:23 PM   #9
Jane's Man

If your product description only fifty words, it won't be that difficult to update that every once in a while. You don't have to update each one differently of course, just keep it fresh.

Jane's Man is offline   Reply With Quote