Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Selling Ad Space
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: is this something you/your business would sign up for???
definitely, a business with out advertising is like a human with no food, "you're bound to die" 1 33.33%
probably, your equation made sence to me "people ='s $$ etc" 0 0%
probably not, im doing ok no need for more people 0 0%
definitely not!!, this a scam or something 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21st December 2004, 07:13 PM   #1
Tek

Exclamation need feed back from ALL! who own a business "please"

Basically I'm going to very broadly explain what it is im doing. What I want from you guys is your honest answer on weather you would/wouldn't be interested.
I just want to have an idea if im wasting my money and time on this.

ok here goes.....I am going to list the service i provide ,then explain it a bit.

*keep in mind this is not how i bring it to business owners this is just going to be "a beat around the bush"
Also ask your self these questions while reading this*

can you see the benefits of the services provided by whats good
"people = $$$$ advertising ='S more people which ='s more $$$$$$$"
aha

I / "my business" am an advertiser the types of service I/the business
provides is 3 types of advertising

1 being magazine,
which is going to be at *most* plazas/shopping centers across the tri cities region making it virtually impossible not to be noticed. (i hope) the magazine is free to the public so i don't have to worry about sales, there will be articles written up and a rant corner etc etc *this is so that people pick it up for more than just the advertising.
in a nut shell other business owners pay me to be put on my magazine
they get a 40% discount of of the price only conditions are they sign a min 4 month contract and put up a poster (size of a sheet of paper) on their front windows and let me keep some(magazines) at their store
(this is how i am planning on markettingmy self)

2 radio commercials
I/business write and produce commercial to be aired on the 3 local radio station 2 of these being small and more for the older crowd (no offece to you wise people out there )
and the third being (luckily for me a new station moved in to town and are basically the number one station in this region *including toronto*)
this one is an urban station with listeners ranging from 12-32ish .
* i have allready made deals with all 3 basically they give me a break on pricing since i hope to generate more than a few clients and i then i charge some more to them(the clients) so that we both make paper

and 3 web page (self explanitory)
basically the same as magazine but online also this gives me a chance to hear from readers/clients etc etc *they would have to pay a bit more to be in both magzine and on web site*

now that you know what I/my business is about (more or less).
I am going to let you hear/see what some of my "bait" ,so let me know if it would intice you (as the business owners)

BAIT# one .....if they sign up with a contract for ONE YEAR
(not same the four month i mentioned b 4)
they get put on the web no extra fee *this is on top of the 40% dicount i mentioned earlier

BAIT# two........since its advetising as long as they save thier reciepts they can write it off on income tax (more or less making my service free)
*not exactly sure if its 100% write off or not , still lookinginto it*

BAIT # three This one is if one and 2 wasn't enough only ............
first 3 months free *again one year contract only*

yep thats it..........reply please i beg of you lol
feel free to ask me more questions if you want too
and most definetly some insight would be appreciated good or bad

By the way
I am registered under the name here in canada as "Whats good" (i think its a real good name)
if all goes well i am going to do the same in the usa (i use to live in miami) so most of my fam is still in us (from miami to arizona) they will deal with those affairs ...so for those who are wondering yes i am intending on incorperating the business (hopefully) but as of now i am more worried about here and today(canada)

thanks thanks thanks

Tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 2nd February 2005, 11:46 PM   #2
Daretodream

First, I would quit using the word BAIT. This is not a nice word and it looks like your a shark .

Just approach people with a fair business attitude and you will succeed.
Good Luck to you!

Daretodream is offline   Reply With Quote