Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th June 2009, 05:48 AM   #1
KirkEisele

Default Consulting Membership Site For Real Estate Agents?

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for some feedback on an idea I'm considering implementing. I feel like I meet a lot of real estate agents who are looking for advice on how to market online. In general though, they don't have the budget or time for a full web marketing implementation on the level we would do for a local gym, car dealer, etc.

So, I'm thinking about creating a paid member site where agents could subscribe on a monthly basis, post their real estate specific questions, etc. and get answers back from qualified pros who understand internet marketing and real estate practice. Ideally, the site would be a full social site to facilitate discussions between the agents themselves as well as serve as connections for out of area referrals.

I have two main areas that I'm seeking feedback on:
1) Is this idea a good one or are agents unlikely to see the potential value. Monthly subscription rates would be somewhere between 20 and 50 dollars...
2) If it is a good idea, how could it most effectively be presented to agents in a credible way that they would respond too? I perceive them to be very busy focusing on client acquisition and service making it difficult to get their attention. How in the world do I profitably reach and convert them to customers without losing my shirt in advertising/marketing costs? (So many AREN'T active online but want to be. I may not reach them online as a result.)

Thanks in advance for any feedback and thoughts you are willing to share.

Kirk Eisele

KirkEisele is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th October 2009, 02:39 PM   #2
ritty

Thumbs up

Hi Kirk,

Sounds like a great website you're working on! Maybe call them or send a postcard to get them interested! Online yellow pages may be a good source for leads! Let me know how it goes, keep me posted!

Thanks,
Keith

ritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 11:11 PM   #3
Karri

Search Engine Guide Blogger

I would think that their assistants might also be gatekeepers to the "getting online" process. i.e. the assistant in the end may be the one doing much of the legwork once the agent does decide to pursue an online strategy. In fact, there is an entire cohort of virtual assistants/online business managers who specialize in working with/supporting real estate agents.

You could offer a dual/team membership to the agent and his/her assistant so they could climb the learning curve together. Many VAs are already very adept at web marketing support.

Something to consider when packaging your offering

HTH,
Karri

PS: And YES, I do believe more and more REs want to leverage the web, at least the progressive thinking ones.

Karri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 11:53 PM   #4
east2west
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to east2west

Sounds like a good niche market to me.

http://www.azattacks.com
east2west is offline   Reply With Quote