Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th September 2012, 07:58 AM   #1
RedDesertViolin

Default How Can I Convert YouTube Traffic

Hi Everyone
I have been working my tail off setting up my online violin lessons. They kick BUTT! My customers love them. Part of my traffic strategy has been to post lots of valuable content on Youtube.

My YT channel (RedDesertViolin, same as my i.d. here) gets about 1,000 views per day. I am proud of that......but my conversion into sales is horrid.

Any unique ideas to tweak YouTube traffic into SALES?
I have searched and read lots of ideas....GREAT IDEAS....but need something for the unique YouTube viewer.

RedDesertViolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th September 2012, 01:39 PM   #2
fraudbuster

Do you display your website and contact no at last in your videos. If yes have you added any message which prompts the visitor to contact you.

fraudbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 03:35 AM   #3
websonalized

-By the very least you should monetize the videos, this can be done after the first 1000 views.
- Add call to action to your videos.
- Frequently upload your videos, if you can upload ever sunday then stick to this method. If its every wednesday etc then stick to this frequency as users tend to fall into a bracket of expectations when checking out channels and will expect you to have new stuff on these days.
-Regading getting so many views per day do you know where all these hits are coming from and are you actively engaging the users when they ask questions on the channel?
-Post questions asking what users want to see next on the channel, always, always try as much as possible to engage your visitors who comment these guys are the one who took the time and you should always respond to them..
-Give props to users who have been active on your channel, send them a private message thanking them and as for recommendations.
-For users who come to your channel and give positive feedback you should also visit their channels and do the same.
Heres some more information directly from YouTube utilizing their Creator Playbook http://static.googleusercontent.com/...r-playbook.pdf

websonalized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 03:08 AM   #4
Kevin Smtih

One tip I will share is if you embed a YouTube video on your website/blog be sure to provide search friendly and compelling copy to the visitor on what the video is about, who itís for and benefit of viewing it. Hope that helps.

Old 16th September 2012, 03:56 PM   #5
RedDesertViolin

Thanks. Yes, I do have my website link in the video description for EVERY video, and I also have annotations that pop up during the video encouraging them to come visit my site for more free info, and that is where they will be invited to join my email list and/or sign up for lessons.
I have a huge email list now (over 5K people)....but it just isn't translating into sales!

Old 16th September 2012, 04:04 PM   #6
RedDesertViolin

Default Great Ideas

THANK YOU, Fraudbuster, Websonalized, and Kevin Smith. All great ideas.

I can improve by posting new videos more regularly, and invite viewers to chime in about what content they'd like to see.

I religiously reply to comments, and am very engaged with those posting comments, and I do most of the things y'all are suggesting.

I have posted "CALL TO ACTION" videos, announcing the opening of a new class, or a special "sale"....and I always get a little bump in sales when I do that....but I expect more.

The people who buy my product are satisfied about 96% of the time. It's a kick-butt product.

ANY IDEAS on a better "Call to Action"?
ANY IDEAS on getting people OUT of the "freebie" mentality and into the "ready to buy" frame of mind? I give lots of free information, which is why I have such good traffic.....but ultimately....I'd like them to decide they want the WHOLE PACKAGE!

Thanks for your input and expertise. --Lora (Red Desert Violin)

Old 16th September 2012, 04:08 PM   #7
RedDesertViolin

I think I understand what you are saying, Kevin. Any time I embed a youtube video, it's usually on my blog, with a full blown article supporting it. Is that what you mean?
Occasionally, I embed a youtube video in my paid content, for paying students to view, even though it's a public video, my paying customers view it as part of their curriculum. (and those don't have any copy or written descriptions)
Thank you for the tip. Would you let me know if I'm totally off about your concept?

Old 16th September 2012, 04:14 PM   #8
RedDesertViolin

Oooh, cool! I downloaded the Creator Playbook. I'll give it a read! Thanks! And thank you for the numerous suggestions. They gave me a couple areas that I could improve.
I just have to figure out how to push my traffic into the commitment to buy. --Lora

Old 22nd September 2012, 01:21 AM   #9
SoldWithVideo

Hi Lora - I checked out your YouTube channel...very impressive on the 1,000 video views a day!

I have a few suggestions. I only watched a few videos and I didn't see this on the ones I saw.

1) At the end of each video you NEED to tell them what to do. For example, say something like "If you enjoyed this video, check out our online video lessons. They are so awesome! and all you need to do is click on the link below this video". I just started doing this on my videos to gain more likes, comments, and web traffic and it works like a charm. It's amazing how telling someone to do something increases results.

2) I don't want to knock your website, but when I went there (before seeing your videos) I had no idea what you were selling. It looked like a violin/musical blog. I did realize you were selling online lessons after looking around. I would make it more apparent on your websites homepage.

But, I did notice you redirected them to a clickbank landing page on most of your videos. Have you ever thought about giving away some free lessons then try to upsell them? It may be an easier sell. I only say this because of these sites I saw http://www.guitartricks.com/index.php and http://howtoplayguitar.co/lessons

You obviously don't have a problem getting views, but I would think about those two suggestions.

Old 22nd September 2012, 01:40 AM   #10
SoldWithVideo

I thought of one more thing too as I was brushing my teeth haha I think a video landing page would convert a lot better.

Since you are already getting a lot of views you just need to tell them what to do (like I mentioned already) tell them to check out your awesome online lessons etc. and all they have to do is click the link below this video.

Once they click it it will bring them to your landing page. Have a video on the page play automatically and say "I am so excited you show you these online lessons they are...." then go into detail what you can offer them why they need it and tell them they can get instant access right now, just click the get instant access button below the video. This will take them to a buy page (clickbank buy page) this will be the first time any payment is ever mentioned. But, as long as you are energetic and sell them through your description of the lessons in the video it should convert better.

I think the long sales forms are slowly becoming a thing of the past. They may still work but I have seen some good studies on video landing pages out performs the sales long form.

Just food for thought.

edit - sorry not sure if my first post made it onto the thread or not. I will look again tomorrow and if it isnt i will re-write it.

Last edited by SoldWithVideo; 22nd September 2012 at 01:44 AM.
SoldWithVideo is offline   Reply With Quote