Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th May 2007, 05:05 AM   #1
zizo2120

Exclamation What Is The Rule To Up The Rank My Site

Dear All

I will up load my website coming soon and I need advice for how up my rank on search engine submission (SEO)

And I hope to know if I must make any thing on my side to up his rank like
Background - map for the site etc

May any body tell me which site can make (SEO) on it and submit for free?

My site is talking about estatement buying and selling like that
It is taking along time and I don`t love to lose

May any body try to help me

thanks so much

Last edited by zizo2120; 31st May 2007 at 04:57 PM. Reason: n
zizo2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 29th May 2007, 05:37 AM   #2
Old Welsh Guy

HI Zizo2120, welcome.

If you thought your site has taken a long time so far, then get ready for a longer wait to get ranking for anything related to property (I assume that is what your site is about?

SEO is a long and arduous road to walk, and getting it for free is not the way ahead. I suggest you read this forum fully especially the areas dedicated to web marketing and SEO. And ASK as many questions as possible. but you will HAVE to be more specific not simply ask 'how do I seo my site?' as that question is literally a book on its own.

Old 29th May 2007, 05:53 AM   #3
zizo2120

thanks old welsh guy for q answer but i don`t have more information about how make my side shown on the first page

i read about keyword and some of disgin and i want know the rule step by step to up rank to my side

how

Old 29th May 2007, 08:09 AM   #4
Old Welsh Guy

Zizo I am trying to tell you that asking how to rank your site is not possible on a forum. All sites are different, they need different things. OK the basics are the same but if you are in a competitive marketplace you are going to need expert help (paid if personal, free via forums). BUT no one is going to sit down and spend 2-3 DAYS writing a report on what you need to do to get your site ranking (not for free anyhow).

here are the basics

Keyword research- carry out EXTENSIVE EXHAUSTIVE keyword research to ensure you are targetting the correct phrase. This involves researching how many pages are competing for each phrase, and the level of optimisation needed for each phrase.

page titles. After the above, you need to assign keywords/phrases to the various pages, and plan your site around the phrases you are targeting.

Page descriptions - Write unique descriptions that describe the content OF THE PAGE, not the site. Do this for each page

Page Content - Write good original content that is targeted towards the phrases you are aiming to rank for on that page.

Page Construction - Do this via best practice, using H tags for your headings etc.

Navigation - Ensure there is a hierarchical structure to your site, and if it does not harm usability, use your keywords in your navigation links

Sitemap. - make sure there is a sitemap on your site and/or use an external sitemap that the spiders can use.

There is an Awful lot more stuff and a HECK of a lot more information on each of those simple points above, but it would take me an age to write it, and YOU even longer to read research and understand it all.

Hope that helps

OWG

Old 29th May 2007, 08:56 AM   #5
zizo2120

i wont to make sumit for my site on google yahoo etc how

Old 29th May 2007, 12:21 PM   #6
Old Welsh Guy

Ok I need to ask you some questions about your site.

1. How is it built? is it using a standard script, is it actually selling properties etc?

2. how far along are you?

3. what properties and more importantly WHERE are you selling them TO and FROM i.e. I am in the Uk, we have a realty site in America that sells properties IN florida TO people in the UK.

Finally you don't have to submit your site to the search engines (although you can, just search google for submit site site:www.goole.com all you need is to get some links to your site for the spiders to pick up on an add to the index. Sometime soon then the spiders will be sent over to your site to spider it.

As I said previously though real estate is VERY hard to rank for and you are unlikely to achieve it with one single site and no budget or no knowledge of in depth SEO. People are apaying $20-30,000 or more to get real estate sites ranking highly.

Old 29th May 2007, 04:06 PM   #7
zizo2120

I built the site by ASP.NET, it is giving service about sell, and buy real estate and u can say I am finished the site. And it is multi language (Arabic and English) site target the Middle East and Arab counters . I hope it may make the rank be batter

thanks soo much u are very kindly

Old 29th May 2007, 04:49 PM   #8
ethnicomm
VIP Contributor

Send a message via MSN to ethnicomm Send a message via Skype™ to ethnicomm

zizo2120 - I have a friend in Dubai that sells real estate - would your site be of use to him or could he be a client/advertiser?

Old 29th May 2007, 05:45 PM   #9
Old Welsh Guy

Zizo. so are both your properties for sale AND your potential buyers based in the Middle east and Arab Nations? If yes then that makes it a lot easier as most SEO's and forums relating to web marketing are English based. as are most of the tools.

Old 30th May 2007, 01:33 PM   #10
zizo2120

First i would like to thank Old Welsh for his help
I hope i can find a good opportunity in improving the rank of the site as it is targeting the middle east and arab countries
i wish to ask you about the spiders ? i need to know what is it ? and much more information about it
thanks so much

Welcome ethnicomm

It is great, we wish to have co-operation and he can get a very good offers from the site when publishing the site.
you can give me his contact or even invite him to the forum.

Thanks alot all