Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st March 2015, 04:45 PM   #1
Matt Chew

Default Need Advice On Buisness Idea

I will try and make this short and simple as my english isn't the best. I have an idea to sell armbands, they will come in two different colours. I am very certain people will buy them, because Ive already sold a few.

Any idea how to make them a trend amongs people, and how to make as much profit as profit as possible in the short amount of time that they will be trendy?

I was thinking a facebook page and a one product website. But what else? Any advice on how to pull this off would be greatly appreciated.

Matt Chew is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 22nd March 2015, 10:55 AM   #2
KRJ Interactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Chew View Post
I will try and make this short and simple as my english isn't the best. I have an idea to sell armbands, they will come in two different colours. I am very certain people will buy them, because Ive already sold a few.

Any idea how to make them a trend amongs people, and how to make as much profit as profit as possible in the short amount of time that they will be trendy?

I was thinking a facebook page and a one product website. But what else? Any advice on how to pull this off would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, a Facebook page is good for the viral aspect of it. Have you though about trying to get then into some local retail stores (larger national stores may be harder to get into)? You could offer them a small portion of the profits and ask them if they would display them at the checkout counter. You could also try going to community events and set up a booth/stand. I hope this helps, good luck.

Old 13th April 2015, 12:08 AM   #3
lawebdesign

sounds like something that would be perfect for etsy. good luck!

lawebdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 09:35 AM   #4
kdaniel171
VIP Contributor

You should contact a celebrity (of course not a Hollywood star but someone like fashion youtube blogger) and present your armband to him\her.
It would be the best advertising ever if she\he wears it.

Make a photoshoot with models wearing your armbands,post it online and make people repost it as much as possible.

Old 13th April 2015, 03:02 PM   #5
oldbuddy
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to oldbuddy

The first thing that comes to mind is, trends are not PUSHED onto the marketplace, they are pulled into it. I would focus on getting it accepted by some large demographic (such as college students) and let them do the marketing for you. Maybe identify them with some recent news event so they want to buy one to identify themselves with a cause.

Old 28th April 2015, 05:49 AM   #6
AK Sharma

As you already have exact idea about the product you want to sell online. The next step will be the things or the tools needed to sell items. To start online business you need few basic things such as website, marketing strategies and lot more. To sell things online, here what you need:
1. Website store
2. Social Media presence
3. Blogging
4. Let affiliates sell you products

AK Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2015, 01:33 AM   #7
GuineBissau

The primary thing that reaches psyche is, patterns are not PUSHED onto the commercial center, they are maneuvered into it. I would concentrate on getting it acknowledged by some extensive demographic, (for example, school understudies) and let them do the promoting for you. Possibly recognize them with some late news occasion so they need to purchase one to distinguish themselves with a reason.

GuineBissau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2015, 04:16 AM   #8
anond

Are armbands similar to wristbands? How about exploiting current trends and making armbands suited for that. For instance, when the Ice bucket challenge, people were starting to learn about this medical condition called ALS. So at that point, you could sell bands with messages like 'Support for ALS' - you can be more genuine by contributing a portion of your earnings to an ALS charity.

Similarly, find a trend that is running now, and sell bands that stick to the trend. And if it is a 'I support' sort of thingy, be sure to share a percent to charity. It's good karma in the larger scheme of things as well as helps marketing your business as well.

anond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2015, 07:20 AM   #9
kabarovsky

Etsy.com can be good for you to start with selling. If you have sold a few of them it doesn't mean anything. Start a little bit serious with Etsy and then see how things are developing. However, I don't think that armbands are something that people will buy online because it's expected to find them in some local stores.

kabarovsky is offline   Reply With Quote