Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Affiliate Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th September 2007, 09:46 AM   #1
Su Z Q

Default Finding Good Ebook Marketers

Over the past few years I have created several hundred articles, some of which I have now compiled in ebook format which I see as a potential online revenue source. Unfortunately due to time constraints I am unable to take on the marketing of these ebooks, so I would like to establish a marketing collaboration with an experienced ebook marketer where we jointly create and market a new web site that would promote these ebooks.

I am envisioning a revenue sharing agreement with performance based compensation. Ideally I am looking to create a successful long-term collaboration since I create a lot of content, so every year several new ebooks could be added to the existing inventory, thereby increasing the potential revenue stream.

Do you have any advice for me as to where to find experienced ebook marketers that are interested in taking on a new product line? Do you have any specific advice regarding the collaboration and terms of the agreement?

Thank you in advance...

Su Z Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 26th September 2007, 08:52 AM   #2
Fred333

I have not really heard of that niche of book marketing. I know most people that are offering an ebook have their own website and focus on marketing it themselves.

Fred333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2007, 08:22 PM   #3
SeattleCPA
VIP Contributor

This isn't quite what you're looking for, but the service that I use to digitally fulfill orders for my do-it-yourself incorporation and limited liability company kits (which are ebooks) is www.payloadz.com.

They've got a service where once you sign up for their service and upload your product descriptions, you can check and box and then let other people sell your books.

I don't know how well this works. I.e., haven't done it myself (although I always think I should try it.) In theory, however, it would seem to be just an online version of what manufacturers have always done with retailers... (Note: Payloadz was saying for a while that one should be able to get 25% of their sales from affiliates... so that sounds good. But it also suggests that you would not want to rely solely on other web retailers...)

Old 9th October 2007, 08:44 AM   #4
Su Z Q

Default Thank you for the suggestions.

Thank you both for your comments. I will give your suggestions a try.

Su Z Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 09:59 AM   #5
pete
VIP Contributor

I would say that of prime consideration is the titles / topic of your books. If you are writing about horses you would market in an entirely different way then if you are writing about search engine optimization.

I would guess that most ebooks are sold through affiliate marketing, where you find folks with interests / contacts within whichever field you are addressing and let them sell for you.

There are a number of ways to do this, but I'd say the actual tactics will vary according to your audience.

pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 01:08 PM   #6
CarlOrf00

Pretty easy stuff.

#1: you don't need a partner. (WSO... look into it)

#2: What's your market?

#3: it doesn't matter what your market is go to the warrior forum.

There you will find everything and oh so much more...

But yes, what you're talking about happens every day. Find a person with a big list who caters to your niche. tell them you have this book, you can edit it to sound like them... do a joint venture and call it a day.

CarlOrf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2008, 03:21 PM   #7
Daniel2007

Just set up an account with clickbank and affiliates will find your ebook in the clickbank directory and market it. You have to make the affiliate commission enticing or they wont waste their time with marketing your ebook as there are tons of ebooks to choose from. I would set your ebook affiliate commission at 50% or more and sell the book for around 30 dollars.

Daniel2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2008, 04:58 AM   #8
rvnet

I second clickbank.com idea.
And paydotcom.com

Both has lot of affiliates to promote your products.

Create an account with them.
Develop small mini site for each of your ebook.
And sell them.

Radhika