Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Viral Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th March 2007, 02:01 AM   #11
jillybeans

Forums are a tremendous tool for networking, getting answers to your questions, feedback on your ideas, and moral support. I think this forum happens to be a terriffic site!
jillybeans

jillybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 2nd April 2007, 04:32 PM   #12
LisaStoops

Well said jillybeans!

LisaStoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2007, 11:17 PM   #13
stagecoach

I seem to enjoy the attention.

stagecoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 05:52 PM   #14
john238
VIP Contributor

I find forum marketing is only good if you put a link or 2 in your sig. The main thing that you must not do is to spam the forums. If you put thought into what you post then others will like it and your reputation will build which will then help you alot.

Old 15th April 2007, 06:22 AM   #15
hawkins217

Forum marketing is an excellent way to network with others and build relationships. I enjoy reading and sharing with like minded people what is working for them as well as for me.By doing this, our businesses can grow.

I also agree with what the one person said that its important to have a good sig file so that people will be incilned to click on your link. For example, if you are in MLM, you can have a link that says, "Click here to see the picture of me reading the free ebook that saved by MLM career."

So, yes, keep participating in forums.

hawkins217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2007, 06:22 PM   #16
krtup

Default how to fit it all in??

I agree that forum marketing is a worthwhile venture. My question is, how do you add it to an already full schedule? It seems to me, that you can't just participate here and there to really get something out of it (both in terms of what you can contribute and in terms of the potential exposure to your site).

Does anyone have a strategy that works well for them in terms of time management? Do you think its better to spread your time between multiple forums or focus in on one or two?

krtup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2007, 01:42 PM   #17
Your Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by krtup View Post
Do you think its better to spread your time between multiple forums or focus in on one or two?
It takes time what ever you do. I think there is value in establishing some sort of strategy where you are consistent with a community as well as a theme associated to your expertise so you can add value. This forum is on my short list, but like many, I struggle getting as involved here as much as I would like so I do the best I can...so can you.

Your Brand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2007, 08:36 PM   #18
Crimson Fox

While you certainly can avoid involving yourself in forums if are willing to pay a marketing team to promote your product. If you have a limited budget, simply being involved in a forum such as this is a great way to not only gain targeted traffic to your site, but it allows you to stay in the loop with what is happening outside your own little world.

Crimson Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 05:23 AM   #19
FBCondos

There can also be tons of good ideas exchange. There are lots of pretty good information out there that are waiting for a reader. Forums can also help in building and adding friends and contacts that might give a helping hand for a business. It's undeniable that interaction with others is very important in building up the image of a business.

FBCondos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 03:51 AM   #20
geyser

not only forums because there are lots of online communities out there that you can use to improve your website's visibility and exposure towards other web users. You can easily increase your business reputation by interacting by your consumers, trust is really important if you want to generate more sales and keep them coming.

geyser is offline   Reply With Quote