Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th October 2009, 02:38 PM   #1
WebBizIdeas.com

Send a message via MSN to WebBizIdeas.com Send a message via Skype™ to WebBizIdeas.com
Default Google Social Search - Important Update From Google

IMPORTANT UPDATE FROM GOOGLE!

Google is rolling out new applications since they now have a new platform; Google Caffeine. There new launch is a product called Google Social Search. This new search is important in two main ways for business owners which you need to be aware of:

If you want to watch the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqWJx...=1256907962.57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlpTj...=1256907962.57

Importance #1

Business owners need to heavily promote & manage social sites such as Twitter, YouTube, Facebook,Linkedin, and others. It also means photo sharing sites such as Picasa Web Albums & Flicker are important. It also means means blogs & local search sites such as yelp and citysearch are important....SO PROMOTE SOCIAL SITES IN WEB DESIGN. sites like CJ.com are pretty obvious that they want people to follow them from their home page.

Importance #2

Business owners need Quality Content. Why? When you are signed into your Google account (many business owners are always signed in) Google is showing results from Social Circles in the result! How crazy is that.

That means if we get all of our clients to follow us on Twitter, or all interested business owners to connect with us on Linkedin, or people follow us on YouTube.com. THIS MEANS WHEN WE PUBLISH NEW CONTENT THEY SEE THAT CONTENT IN THE SEARCH RESULTS.

Wow? What a great way to target your target market. Google is practically telling everyone with this new addition that CONTENT is the new LINK VALUE online!

I posted sites to register at for this on the my blog post:

http://blog.webbizideas.com/google-s...gle-update/51/

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 31st October 2009, 02:24 AM   #2
Father

Now I going to check it through the links you posted. Thanks a lot for sharing this information with us.

Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 09:19 AM   #3
Sas123

Sounds a bit weird but the idea itself is worth thinking of. But I'd like to wait and see when the product is launched.

Old 10th November 2009, 04:29 AM   #4
AirForce1

Send a message via MSN to AirForce1

I think Google might have realize that the social network might be an important part for the future of Internet searching. IMO.

Thanks for sharing,

AirForce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 04:50 AM   #5
Moore123

All products from Google are excellent. I have no doubt that this one will be excellent, too. Let's wait and see.

Moore123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 05:43 AM   #6
JockPurtle

Content is now more important than ever.

Having your own site. Not having bigger sites and word press sites, but having your won site has so much more value.

Google is now drawing larger value on whats on the site rather than what is linking to the site.

As with social media. It is a real time search engine and you can see exactly what people are thinking right now.

I reckon google will very soon by twitter as it has a massive search engine value.

JockPurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 12:56 PM   #7
EC23Shop

Good information about Google Social Search. I like these videos.

EC23Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 02:09 AM   #8
stephen186

I have come across a number of good reviews about this new strategy from Google. There are people in most forums, who are curious to know the ways of making Caffeine work for them. Does anyone have an idea about it.

stephen186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 05:27 PM   #9
Pixelink

I'm all for it! My sites have a ton of written content, social bookmarking and multi-media. I get tired of being beaten out by article directory link farms for certain keywords. This should help with link building abuse and short circuits.

Pixelink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2009, 10:10 AM   #10
therawdata

Send a message via AIM to therawdata Send a message via Skype™ to therawdata

I agree Pixelink, I think that that Google is slow to react to this one myself. We already knew content was king!

Bring it on Google! Get rid of those domain parkings in your SERPs and start promoting the most informative website instead of the ones with the biggest link building budgets!

I'm all for content, it weeds through the lazy Affiliate Marketers. I hate dupe content, too!!!! I can't tell you how many sites I've seen that are absolutely bogged down with duplicate content.

A friend of mine I am helping do some SEO for was appalled to see all the people that had copied his content. We have contacted several sites were people have ripped off his content and posed it as their own. Its a little different ball game when you are on the other side

**Review**
Start writing your own content now BEFORE Google makes the switch
"Optimizing" your site will still be necessary
After optimizing, fill, populate, stuff, your website full of your own original thoughts and ideas on your niche

therawdata is offline   Reply With Quote