I like the site - as soon as it loaded my eyes went DIRECTLY to the featured products, then to the categories on the right, which is good! Everything looks quite professional, which will help gain trust with your visitors.
1) Your top CATALOG link goes nowhere...
2) Your contact us page is pretty plain - maybe use Google Apps to run your email and get rid of the MSN email address - not pro! Add a physical address, corporate information and a contact us form.
3) Either hide your blog until it actually has posts, or get posting!
An empty page makes it look unestablished as mentioned in the other reply.
4) On product pages, maybe consider a related items box instead of the frontpage box? You could use tagging for relevancy if your CMS doesn't have an automatic feature. You want to avoid loosing visitors and keeping them looking at other items. Having to click back to the beginning of the category will loose interest in buyers :/
5) The photos are too dark I think - even though your design is good and it draws attention to them, they could be better with better lighting. The fact that you ask people to send in photos taken against a black background is going to be a tough selling feature - most people don't necessarily have something to use as a black background, and don't have a camera or lighting rig set up to meter exposure properly on something with a black background (hence rough photos). I understand you want it so it stands out, but hten you need a lightbox so the articles contrast the black background which isn't something that's happening right now and it's definitely not something you can expect your visitors to set up and do.......
Hope this info helps!