Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th November 2014, 01:39 AM   #1
HowardL

Default Need Ideas

Hey everybody. So I've been playing around with the idea of starting a buisness for a while now. Ive always wanted to get in to the music industry so I've recently come up with the idea of an advertisement company for potential musicians who want to be noticed. There could be good potential for profit as there are a lot of people these days who want to make it big in music. Now I realize I'm going to have to build up a reputation to gain clients, but it just seems like it might be tough to get myself out there as a buisness before I start. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for something like this? Just playing with the idea right now as I don't really have any experience but any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

HowardL is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th November 2014, 03:25 PM   #2
Logan
Administrator

Hey Howard, thanks for joining in with us and throwing out your idea to the group.

I think it is a good idea, but some times things sound good but don't always work out the way we imagine.

For starters, you mention that you don't have experience. When that is the case with starting a business, I usually look at that first. How can you get experience? Some times it is with a job within the industry. Nothing wrong with getting experience by working for established businesses. One factor regarding this is that you will make mistakes in gaining experience. Doing so when working for others, and under the guidance of those that do have experience can make the process easier. You can also gain experience for a new business by partnering with those that do already have experience. How can you get experience?

That's my first impression. Outside of that, I know someone who does lighting and audio for the music industry for the past 20 years. Their business works well in the San Francisco Bay area. Take the same business and put it in another city like Houston or Buffalo and it would have no chance of surviving as the demand for services in those areas is much different.