Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th July 2009, 10:46 AM   #1
radiogirl
VIP Contributor

Send a message via MSN to radiogirl Send a message via Yahoo to radiogirl Send a message via Skype™ to radiogirl
Default Local Shopping Promotion - Or Why I Haven't Been Posting...

I have been glancing over posts when I have time, but haven't been posting lately. But sheesh that puppy at the top of the page is getting naggy...

So I thought I'd give a quick update on why I haven't been posting.

After the success at the Trade Show (we won first prize for best use of space in the multiple booth category) that was completely attributable to the fact that several of us small business owners worked together to pay for, set-up and staff the booth. I was inspired to re-vamp my cooperative marketing shop local campaign that I originally developed and presented for the Chamber of Commerce last November for a holiday promotion and take it directly to the merchants of town without the Chamber umbrella.

It officially launched day before yesterday with 21 local businesses participating and so far the buzz has been amazing amongst both the merchants involved and the customers. So much so that I had to have more customer registration cards printed and more merchants want to join the promotion (or at least I am getting referrals for other merchants who want to join the program that I have to follow up with on Monday).

You can see the web part of the customer side of the promotion at http://shopinwhitecourt.com

So that's what I've been busy with. First pulling all the elements together, then visiting every potential merchant that I could think of and now with the management and updates of the promotion...on top of keeping up with my regular client work and the new leads that have come in just from promoting the promotion...so that's why I haven't been posting much here lately.

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 5th July 2009, 05:03 PM   #2
ktaylor310
VIP Contributor

Well, we miss you!

Old 7th July 2009, 12:57 PM   #3
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

The promotion looks great -- and fantastic that you're getting so much interest. We miss you, but it seems you have a really great reason for being scarce.

--Torka