Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Direct Mail
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th April 2008, 04:41 AM   #11
superboy08
Banned

Send a message via MSN to superboy08 Send a message via Skype™ to superboy08

Support!

Keep in touch with ur clients via e-mail or e-cards , is the most important thing.

if u want to do biz with foreigners , U had better to know some info

When u in roma , do as the romans do , that will be perfect

i always do that

superboy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th May 2009, 10:23 PM   #12
Peggy J

DecoArtImports,

I would send a real greeting card not a postcard. Remember when sending holiday greeting cards is is best not to include any discount offers, don't make it into an advertisement. It negates the sentiment of the card and no longer says your special and I remember you at this holiday time. Send out to give not to get and you will receive more than you gave.

Peggy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 07:24 AM   #13
ben_at_run

To create the attraction for customers like sending holiday cards is good and the jenn point is also valid but jenn to attract the people it's need how to more people come in and does not think if any one is not local and can not give benefit.If he likes it then it's a success to provide good things and surely he will tells to others and you can get benefit....

ben_at_run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 03:12 PM   #14
touchkit

Postcards are one of the most cost effective direct marketing tools.
We are sending out tons of them, not only for Christmas, for all US holidays.
The 6x9 are the ones with the best ROI/response rate.
But again, itís not enough to laser the recipient name & address on a generic design/message. Try to personalize the mail as much as possible.

touchkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 12:23 PM   #15
CutCompCosts

I used to send them out all of the time but with postage continuing to go up and my address list increasing it became very expensive. Typically I just send out direct mailers now and holiday cards to select groups of customers.

CutCompCosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 02:52 AM   #16
jacovsamuel

Exactly it is good!! The post on Sending Holiday Cards to customers is becoming popular now a days..

jacovsamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 01:06 AM   #17
victorvera

For me that's an effective way of keeping touch and reminding your clients that "hey I'm here" :-)

Some of my suppliers in my previous jobs sends me postcards and even email greetings. I really appreciate their effort. Knowing that they don't just remember me when they need to hit their sales quota.

victorvera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 08:02 PM   #18
Marketinglist

I think it is more appropriate to mail Christmas cards to current customers. I would try to personalize the cards with a thank-you for their business and how you hope the best for their family during the holidays. Try to get feedback by asking them if there is anything you can do to make your product or service better for them and you could follow-up with a phone call.

Marketinglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 05:33 PM   #19
victorvera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marketinglist View Post
I think it is more appropriate to mail Christmas cards to current customers. I would try to personalize the cards with a thank-you for their business and how you hope the best for their family during the holidays. Try to get feedback by asking them if there is anything you can do to make your product or service better for them and you could follow-up with a phone call.
That is a very good idea! I totally agree on that part. After saying thank you, keeping the after sales relationship is one way of "building" and "advertising" your brand and the company.

victorvera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 02:24 PM   #20
MadAdvice

You can also include a coupon/special to try to get them to use an upsell that they have never used before like a new product you have, or upgrade of some sort.

MadAdvice is offline   Reply With Quote