Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Small Business Finance
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th November 2015, 01:58 AM   #1
hankmoody

Default A Powerful And Efficient Way Of Getting Online Business

It would be a good idea to do a little analysis on what the internet actually is and different people use it on a daily basis. To begin your very own online business, following all these basic principles is a must:

Establish goals:
To start, make a list of all the jobs that need to be completed to achieve the outcome. Once your list will be complete you need to implement a technique or strategies on how you can achieve each and every task. The ultimate result should resemble anything very similar to a business plan.

Levels of competition:
Analyze the existing competition available in the market, what is offered, what is certainly not offered, future trends, these kind of entities are doing what you would like to do so get to know them.

Consumers:
Do research on consumer behavior, who are your customers, how will you separate yourself from your levels of competition; learn how to accommodate your customers.

Environment:
Explore the existing lifestyle of the market that you are considering, the style, communication and approach of each competitor. How can you match the needs and wants of numerous people on the internet?

Implementing a business online model:
When assessing just what Internet Business Model should be applied, you will want to take the following into mind before making a decision, evaluate multiple option:
Profit Perimeter - decide on a price, what their cost and what should the markup be?
Shipping Expense - keep this to a minimum when applicable
Marketing : what are the most beneficial best methods?

Identify a target market:
Just how populated is the competition in just a specific product market? Move forward away from crowded areas and give attention to building trust with leads in developing areas of market.

Obtain your domain name:
A good beginning is by gathering existing key phrase ideas and using these to generate something short, catchy along with relevant to the market that you want to be able to entering into.

Construct a simple in addition to structured website:
Your content must be structured in such a way that you primary your visitor to what you desire them to see or carry out, have a common call to action in all of your pages.

Design an original selling proposition:
What can you offer you visitors that your competitors tend not to? It is business that you want to obtain by having a project such as this. Getting effective in your efforts is essential to your survival in any industry.

hankmoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th November 2015, 10:19 AM   #2
JGAviator

Nicely written, thanks for sharing your thoughts

Old 6th November 2015, 11:15 AM   #3
oldbuddy
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to oldbuddy

I prefer a much simpler approach, find a problem your target market is having and offer them a solution to it.

Old 6th November 2015, 04:22 PM   #4
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Ah, but @oldbuddy, that would require knowing who your target market is to start with. Of course, I agree with you 100%, but apparently nowadays those kinds of practical ideas are hopelessly old school. Near as I can tell, if you want to be an "Internet marketer" you're supposed to start with the product idea, then go in search of a market to sell it to. Naturally, that doesn't work out too well for the majority but that doesn't stop a new crop of entrepreneur wannabees from coming along every day and trying the same backward business model.

(No school like the old school!)

--Torka

Last edited by torka; 6th November 2015 at 04:25 PM.
torka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2015, 06:52 PM   #5
oldbuddy
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to oldbuddy

Finding your target market is much easier if you let them find you. To find mine, I simply read forums and watched for what questions were being asked to determine the current problems the majority seemed to be having. Then it was a matter of research to find the solutions and building a list of those with the problems to offer the solution to. I'm not an expert, but it makes sense to me.

I see the same thing happening in this forum. A good majority is focused on building business and SEO to get traffic, so your posts and links point them in the direction of the solutions. Makes sense to me.

Old 9th November 2015, 01:58 AM   #6
hankmoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGAviator View Post
Nicely written, thanks for sharing your thoughts
Thank you!

Old 9th November 2015, 02:05 AM   #7
hankmoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbuddy View Post
Finding your target market is much easier if you let them find you. To find mine, I simply read forums and watched for what questions were being asked to determine the current problems the majority seemed to be having. Then it was a matter of research to find the solutions and building a list of those with the problems to offer the solution to. I'm not an expert, but it makes sense to me.

I see the same thing happening in this forum. A good majority is focused on building business and SEO to get traffic, so your posts and links point them in the direction of the solutions. Makes sense to me.
Yes, it's more effective to promote themselves other than their business.

Old 17th November 2015, 04:45 AM   #8
LaneKreps

Send a message via Skype™ to LaneKreps

Great work.. You have written very well. Online presence is must for each and every small business as everyone is preferring online market more as compared to offline market.

LaneKreps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 05:54 AM   #9
MahaKarthi

A proper plan should always be put into action while starting any online business. The website should function properly and all the bugs should be fixed so that the user experience is given a lot of importance and with a lot of ease.

MahaKarthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 10:04 PM   #10
edward222

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbuddy View Post

I agree with this.
But we should also engage in social media.
Following and interacting the influencers in your niche is also good to
know and reach your target market.

edward222 is offline   Reply With Quote