Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th November 2015, 12:43 AM   #1
Debbie456

Default Why Alexa Rank Is Drop?

Hi friends,

I want to know why alexa rank of my website is drop while i have enough visit,when i search about it i saw alexa rank is improve when your visitors have alexa tool .Is that fact is true?How can improve alexa rank?

Debbie456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 12th November 2015, 12:05 AM   #2
laurich05

As far as I know Alexa rank is not that important in measuring the success of a website. Google Page Rank and Domain Authority are more important as they are more accurate. Traffic is recorded by its toolbar data. However, not all internet users have this toolbar installed on their browser. It can also be manipulated in various ways so you can't be really sure if its ranking is real. It is helpful though for those targeting direct advertisers for publishing purpose.

laurich05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 04:36 AM   #3
edward222

Dont mind your alexa rank.
What you should mind is the traffic it self,
your bounce rate and on how you reach
your target market.

edward222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 08:53 AM   #4
PaulaEdwards

If your Alexa rank is dropped with having more traffic so, Check your content optimization. Give internal link to each page this may be the cause of bounce rate. Therefore be careful on content optimization.

PaulaEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 09:30 AM   #5
prandall

Default Alexa is a little tricky.

Hey Debbie456,

I have been studying Alexa now for about 6 months. First you will find two major points of view, both of which are simplistic.
  1. Alexa is simple to improve, just do xyz
  2. Alexa is unreliable and worthless

There are MANY articles that claim to tell you how to improve your rank and also many that give solid advice.

Some things I consider bad ( or simply ineffective ) advice are:
  1. Look at your Alexa monthly. It is unreliable daily
    I get good feedback on a daily basis with ONE number.
  2. Simply install the Alexa widget on your website
    I have done this and have seen no discernible correlation.
  3. Use the Alexa toolbar.
    Not available for my browser.

The internet is extremely complex and competitive, so your rank will fluctuate wildly at higher numbers. A large drop in numbers should not cause panic but it can be a useful indicator. If you are fortunate to have a very popular website you will see fluctuations in smaller numbers.

At one point my website increased by 3 Million from 9 Million to 12 Million ( less popular ). It turns out it was correlated to my efforts to block spammers from hitting my web-server. After I started getting more involved in the community surrounding my website, posting better and more regular content my rank corrected and now has a better trajectory fluctuating at around 7.7 Million, without the spammers. So it is now a better indicator.

You should look at the Alexa number over a period of time and in relation to what is happening around your website. If your rank is getting worse there is usually a reason. However it is not always obvious and not a always a quick fix.

I track my number daily with a module I wrote and I try to record key events, there is usually a correlation.

In addition to Alexa I look at Traffic, Optimization, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster and Google Adsense. All are important but at my low visit numbers only Alexa gives me a good sense of which direction my site is going.

Old 12th November 2015, 12:38 PM   #6
metricbuzz88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie456 View Post
Hi friends,

I want to know why alexa rank of my website is drop while i have enough visit,when i search about it i saw alexa rank is improve when your visitors have alexa tool .
Please share your website traffic graph, so that we can share our thoughts!

Quote:
Is that fact is true?How can improve alexa rank?
No, Absolutely not. Most of them in the world doesn't installs alexa tool. Mnay starters and small business peoples doesn't even know what is alexa.

Improve Alexa rank by increasing the quality of visitors you have.
Alexa doesn't increases when your traffic is high. You need to have a quality readers for your website, only a targeted traffic increase your Alexa.

metricbuzz88 is offline   Reply With Quote