Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Online Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th February 2011, 09:37 AM   #1
David Jackson
VIP Contributor

Exclamation Grocery Shopping And Website Design

Because my marketing consulting business keeps me so busy, I don't have alot of free time. But when I do have some rare free time, one of the things I enjoy doing is observing people.

For example, the other day I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things I needed, and I found myself observing people shopping.

They'd go from aisle to aisle, find what they needed, put it in their shopping cart and head to the checkout counter. The entire process is really the essence of simplicity.

I thought to myself...Continue reading Grocery Shopping and Website Design.

David Jackson

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 4th February 2011, 05:07 PM   #2
Candice Robins

Good post, and grocery stores can be used as another web marketing analogy as well: website usability. Imagine trying to shop without those handy signs above the aisles telling you what they each contain? Or imagine if the signs said what they aisles contained but not in the way in which you think about those products? For example, the signs above the "cereal" aisle could just as easily say "processed oats and wheat." Supermarkets and department stores have built these systems over the years because they can watch their customers getting confused. It's a little more difficult to see what's happening on your website, but it pays off.

Old 6th February 2011, 08:45 AM   #3
David Jackson
VIP Contributor

Thanks for your valuable feedback Candice!

David Jackson