Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Trade Shows, Conferences & Expos
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th July 2010, 05:19 PM   #51
TSD Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieHFS View Post
What is the best way to get people to stop by your booth at a trade show or expo? I am already doing pre show mailers and provide some sponsorships anything else you can think of? Thanks
Coffee, cookies, cakes, and other baked goods give off scents that aromatically attract the senses. Have you ever heard the rumor that Disney World literally pumps the scent of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies into the air? The sense of smell is connected to memory stronger than the other senses, and is greatly underutilized at events, conferences, and trade shows.

Use a small toaster oven to bake some cookies or brownies, and have coffee constantly brewing. Of course have plenty of extras there to serve. You'll be surprised what kind of opportunities this offers you, and who will remember you a month after the show's over. What a great phone call to make! "Hi, thanks for stopping by my booth. I hope you enjoyed the cookies!"

Old 17th October 2010, 09:37 PM   #52
jeffulot

Default Trade Show Table Attention Getters

Hello All!

I am the marketing director for a water purification systems company in Houston.

We attend about 6 trade shows a year, all over the country, and are always looking for new ideas to draw people over to our tables.

In June, we discovered a PC-based Slot Machine software package that allows us to configure it using our own logos and prize images and set the payouts to exactly what we want.

It has been very effective in getting people over to our table, since we offer prizes if you match three of any of the prizes. Normally we're giving away your standard schwag, cups, pens, tshirts, and the occassional grand prize which has varied.

We invested in a suspended 48" lcd screen, and have hooked up some nice loud speakers to get people's attention. The sound effects make you feel like you're in Las Vegas, and people get pretty excited when they win.

Anyway, it's been a lot of fun, so I thought I'd share it with you.

The web site is http://www.alljsoftware.com

If any of you have any other great attention getters that have worked, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks again for all your postings here... Many have been very helpful.

Sincerely,

Jay G.

jeffulot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:11 AM   #53
tradeshowdesign

Default Clean Design

Nice clean, intriguing and well-designed graphics are the best way to draw people in. That and free stuff.

Old 13th January 2011, 12:20 PM   #54
SignGuy

Default Great graphics, colors, and other visuals

A lot of companies try to go cheap on their trade show displays. The result? Their company looks cheap too. Free give-aways are nice and fun, and I've seen everything from free mints to free beer, but eventually the the trade show attendee gets overwhelmed and saturated with "stuff" and they become immune to the gimmicks. In the end, most attendees are always looking at a booth with a "what can they do for me" mentality and if the booth looks has a neat give-away but looks cheap, they'll either keep walking or not take the vendor seriously.

That said, nothing replaces a sharp, eye-catching trade show booth with good examples of your work. There are a lot of inexpensive ways to dress up a booth and give your company a professional look without breaking the bank. Giant, cumbersome trade show booths are not only expensive, but they're also difficult to transport. We're seeing a lot of companies shift to retractable banner displays, digital signage, and/or flags to draw attention.

Good luck!

SignGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 02:06 PM   #55
tradeshowdesign

Default Banner Stands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignGuy View Post
A lot of companies try to go cheap on their trade show displays. The result? Their company looks cheap too. Free give-aways are nice and fun, and I've seen everything from free mints to free beer, but eventually the the trade show attendee gets overwhelmed and saturated with "stuff" and they become immune to the gimmicks. In the end, most attendees are always looking at a booth with a "what can they do for me" mentality and if the booth looks has a neat give-away but looks cheap, they'll either keep walking or not take the vendor seriously.

That said, nothing replaces a sharp, eye-catching trade show booth with good examples of your work. There are a lot of inexpensive ways to dress up a booth and give your company a professional look without breaking the bank. Giant, cumbersome trade show booths are not only expensive, but they're also difficult to transport. We're seeing a lot of companies shift to retractable banner displays, digital signage, and/or flags to draw attention.

Good luck!
I've also noticed a lot of exhibitors going with cheap and portable banner stands opposed to larger, more expensive displays.

Old 27th April 2011, 02:24 PM   #56
FrancisABoyd

I know as a consumer I am influenced by great graphics, pertinent information and an awesome deal. When we're attending trade shows we use digital signage solutions on a large LCD monitor to draw customers in.

FrancisABoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 05:31 PM   #57
WaspBarcode_B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieHFS View Post
What is the best way to get people to stop by your booth at a trade show or expo?
At a recent trade show, we hired a Captain Jack Sparrow look-alike and a photographer to take photos as a give-away. It was a hit with the attendees, and comparable in price to other give-aways we have tried in the past.

Old 29th April 2011, 05:19 PM   #58
tradeshowdesign

Default Giveaway related to Product

What product or service were you marketing with the photo giveaway? Do the two relate at all or was it a completely random idea? I've always thought giveaways have a higher return on investment when they directly relate to the product or service you're marketing.

Old 20th May 2011, 03:28 PM   #59
JohnGT

Attracting people to your booth by designing a banner that says FREE. Most of the time that catches anyone's curiousity.

JohnGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 05:11 PM   #60
gary sanders

Default Conference? - Make it fun!

If you're frequently attending tradeshows and conferences, make the most out of your trip so that you can get work accomplished, but still have fun! I came across this great article which talks about a few different ways to take advantage of that business trip: http://dlvr.it/V0Wrw

gary sanders is offline   Reply With Quote