Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th September 2006, 11:44 AM   #21
espeed

Send a message via AIM to espeed Send a message via MSN to espeed Send a message via Yahoo to espeed Send a message via Skype™ to espeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoodard View Post
Kathy,

Thanks for the reply. Our company name is ONTime Heating and Air Conditioning Inc.

We really want to play up our customer service, that we are going to serve you better than others companies.

Thanks again
Kelly

I have been reading this thread for a couple of days now thinking of a good tag line. I was thinking along the lines of "When you need us we're ONTime" or "Quality service starts ONTime" or "Quality service ONTime" you have to remember that your service will dictate the true effectiveness of whatever tag line you choose. Word of Mouth advertising is the best way to solidify your core customer service values.

espeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 2nd October 2006, 10:51 AM   #22
ad-vice_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by espeed View Post
I have been reading this thread for a couple of days now thinking of a good tag line. I was thinking along the lines of "When you need us we're ONTime" or "Quality service starts ONTime" or "Quality service ONTime" you have to remember that your service will dictate the true effectiveness of whatever tag line you choose. Word of Mouth advertising is the best way to solidify your core customer service values.
There is NO NEED for anybusiness to ever say "Quality Service" in any of it's marketing materials or advertisements or god forbid it's Tag-Line.

It's the cliche' of cliche's in business. No Consumer believes the statement anymore... and at the same time no Consumer expects to receive less than "quality service" from anyone thats in business. These words do nothing to differentiate yourself from every other service company out there.

You'd almost be better off stating. "Mediocre Service - Cheap Prices"... IT would at least differentiate yourself and definately cause some buzz.

ad-vice_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 11:11 AM   #23
LBBMike

Guaranteeing a product or service for free if some expectation is not met can be problematic. It can work in the right conditions, but only if you're comfortable living up to that promise. For some, it may be putting too much on the line. And changing your business model to fit a new marketing strategy can ultimately kill you business.

If you are focused on customer service, then why not have your customer base come up with your tag lines and other marketing? Are you already collecting feedback from customers? If not, make that a priority. Use positive feedback to market your company. You could run a campaign that focuses on a particular customer's positive experience presented in their own words; essentially satisfied customers sharing their experience to potential customers.

What do you think? Maybe I'm totally off here, but my gut feeling is that your best marketing comes from your satisfied customer base. Potential customers might even trust them more than an obvious marketing tag line written by the company.

LBBMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 01:14 PM   #24
kwoodard

Thanks for all the feedback, we really appreciate it. Scott thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes we do just feel like saying ok go with this one just because we feel we can't think anymore.

Mike I'm not sure I understand what you are saying to do. We do get feedback from our customer and post them on our website ontimeaire.com for future customers to see. and we file the cards for future reference. Do you think we should let the customers come us with our tagline?

Keep the idea coming we love the advice and everyone has helped a lot

I know we will come up with the perfect one!!

kwoodard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 01:54 PM   #25
LBBMike

Iím simply suggesting to look at the feedback from your customer base when developing your marketing. What are they saying about your service? What did they appreciate? Why will they come to you again in the future? Find real reasons why people liked your service and incorporate that into your marketing.

You could open up your tag line to the public and give them a degree of authorship, but you should think more about that; if itís appropriate for your business and if you can come up with a creative way to execute such a campaign.

Another way is to use customer feedback in your marketing. Although not exactly a tag line, hereís an example I pulled from your website:

Courteous and professional: We will use ONTime again. -Hyland Baptist Church

You would obviously need their permission to condense their testimonial, but donít abstract too far from the original. In this example, the church speaks directly to your potential customers.

Hope these ideas help.

Old 4th October 2006, 10:13 AM   #26
LBBMike

In reference to what I stated above, check out 6 Quick Tips to Make Your Copy More Believable where the author talks about 'Local Connection' and 'Testimonials'. That article is great.

Old 15th October 2006, 11:41 PM   #27
jase

this thread gave me a great idea for a tagline im going to use for myself. Im going to have my logo and then underneath it it'll say "Insert fancy tagline here"
seriously im gunna do that. Im EXCITED

jase is offline   Reply With Quote