Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th January 2013, 06:21 AM   #1
sutisoft123

Default Anchor Text Keyword

Hi Everyone,

Suppose i have a keyword "xyz" and i want to give hyper link to that keyword. Which method is best one i.e., giving partial hyper link or full keyword link i.e.,

Shall i give hyper link to "xy" or "xz" or shall give hyper link to full keyword "xyz".

Please help me...

Thanking You In Advance,

sutisoft123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 29th January 2013, 06:40 AM   #2
squadron

Send a message via Skype™ to squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutisoft123 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Suppose i have a keyword "xyz" and i want to give hyper link to that keyword. Which method is best one i.e., giving partial hyper link or full keyword link i.e.,

Shall i give hyper link to "xy" or "xz" or shall give hyper link to full keyword "xyz".

Please help me...

Thanking You In Advance,
If you have the choice, go for the xyz. Often times you don't get a clear choice so pick closely associated keywords.

Example: say I wanted to get a bunch of links with the anchor text graphic design london.

I would get some links with - graphic design chick, graphic design student, london graphics, designer london and so on.

Here's a tip, if you cannot get the anchor text of your choice direct your link to an internal page rather than the page that is optimised for the anchor text you are after.

Hopefully that internal page links back to the page you are trying to rank with the correct anchor text.

squadron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2013, 06:07 AM   #3
jennas12

To choose text for your anchor text, just keep the following things in mind:
1. Always use the text that is relevant to the linked URLs page.
2. Place the text based anchor before the URL anchor.
3. You can also use keywords with your brand name.

jennas12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2013, 09:03 PM   #4
borgninestallon
VIP Contributor

If you need to ranking for the keyword you should give hyperlink to that keyword that redirects to the page. Suppose if that keyword is present in any internal page, we can give hyperlink to that particular keyword in order to rank for that page. This will help in increasing the keyword ranking a bit in search engines.