Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Selling Ad Space
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th May 2006, 11:54 PM   #11
foxdmatt

Just a thought, but have you asked a business if they would like to advertise on your site? This will give you the control over the price and type of ads you run. I would approach a car rental company, a hotel or motel chain or an airline and ask if they would be interested. Or you can run an ebay ad stating the facts of your site and solicit offers. Google ads are fine, but you may do better cutting your own deal. Good Luck

foxdmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 11th July 2006, 05:04 PM   #12
Ethan-ol

arogers, You have a healthy amount of traffic.

I agree with the other posts, I suggest getting ad deals from the country you specialize in. For example, restaurants, hotels, and other services.
Google Ads could potentially steal your customers to another site with similar service. I have not tried the yahoo ads (similar to google ads) but it may be worth looking into, see if you can decide exactly what business ads get shown on your site.
Get ads that actually enhance your website.
I'd cut my own deal, start by contacting any companies that would see a market in your website visitors and offer them attractive prices. The best way to reach out is eBay. Try advertising there for ad space on your site and let us know how it goes.
Thanks
Ethan

Ethan-ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2006, 09:59 PM   #13
dabblingmum

Red face Re Google Adsense

In the beginning, I was nervous about using Google Adsense on my website, err magazine, too. But with a little research I discovered that you could choose which advertisers to ban from your website. So if you find an irrelevant ad, or an ad that you feel is the wrong fit, you can simply stop that url from advertising on your website.

Google is a publicly traded company and must adhere to certain rules. They also have a secure access area for logging in and updating your private information, including your ssn or biz id.

The amount of income you earn will depend on a number of factors such as:

1. Your traffic
2. The location of your ads
3. The relevancy of the ads that appear on each of your pages.
(This is where you want to make sure you stick to one topic web pages)
4. The number of advertisers/competition for that market in the Google Adwords network.

Personal websites and parenting websites don't do as great as picking something consumers need, like cars, finances, etc.

Hope that helps.

dabblingmum is offline   Reply With Quote