Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th July 2014, 01:01 AM   #1
alexanderang

Lightbulb Marketing Tips To Help You Grow Your Business

Credit to: Michelle Christie

As a business owner, taking your marketing strategy using online platform is essential to establish your presence, credibility, trust and relationship.

Besides, most of the on-line marketing strategies are free!

Following are some marketing tips to help you get started to engage your potential customers quick:

1. Provide a trial version of your products or services. Get more people to try your product or service by providing them a trial version of whatever it is you are offering. If they are happy with the trial version, they are more likely to purchase the actual product or service. (It can be 7 days trial to 30 days trial.)

2. Be more social. When promoting your business through social media, here’s the rule of thumb: if you don’t have sufficient resources yet – time, money, people – to be on multiple social media platforms, focus on the major ones first – Facebook & Twitter.

After you establish your presence in these two social media giants, you can then work your way through on other platforms.

3. Offer your website visitors a variety of content materials they can consume. Don’t just settle on regular blog posts, create podcasts, webinars, videos, lessons, infographics and power point presentations as well.

By offering your audience various types of content materials, you are not only providing them more information, you are also making your contents more engaging and ‘shareable’.

4. Try video marketing, too. Some of your audience may be visual learners – meaning, they prefer visual contents like videos more than your usual text-based blog.

So, when planning your overall online marketing strategy, you should factor in this fact.

5. Always highlight the feature that sets your product or service apart. Your Unique Selling Position (USP) is that feature that makes your product or service stand out. (Features + Benefits)

Always leverage this by highlighting it in your sales page or any marketing materials you have.

Sample of USPs that you can highlight on your site or marketing materials:

• 24/7 dedicated FREE Customer Support
• 30-day money-back guarantee
• 90-day FREE trial
• 100% Satisfaction

Do you have similar experience or additional tips? Please Comment Below!

Regards,
Alexander Ang

Last edited by alexanderang; 7th July 2014 at 01:15 AM. Reason: More Points to Add. :)
alexanderang is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 11th July 2014, 11:57 AM   #2
msrd

Indeed... I agree with the video marketing part... especially if you have a special offer or deal or discount.

It is easier to rank your videos on page one for a geo-target like Discount Auto Repair Southeast Denver than it is a static website page.

Give it a try and you'll see what I am talking about.

Old 14th July 2014, 02:30 AM   #3
James Gordon

Promoting website through social media sites is a good tip. But most of the business people wish to use LinkedIn site for business improvement. So, LinkedIn is the best site to promote a business website.

James Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2014, 02:46 AM   #4
JoMatt

Try using Loyalty Programs to easily promote your business.
For example, if a merchant want to promote his new product means, he can offer that product with discount or gifts. This will draw customers attention.

By using loyalty program, merchant can offer rewards or loyalty points to the customers. This will definitely increase the customers loyalty.

Old 14th July 2014, 03:24 AM   #5
alexanderang

Great suggestion James and Matt!

Thanks for the idea!

Old 17th July 2014, 06:27 AM   #6
James Gordon

Your Welcome!

James Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 06:36 PM   #7
colinfox

Send a message via Skype™ to colinfox

Some great tips there, especially the social stuff.

I think it's so important these days to actually make connections with people as you buy from those you know, like and trust.

I agree with having a clearly defined USP/EVP as well so customers know exactly why to come to you rather than a competitor. I'd say 100% Satisfaction is more of a slogan than a USP though.

Having a USP is probably the most important thing a company can do.

Trials definitely work too

Last edited by colinfox; 8th August 2014 at 10:48 AM.
colinfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2014, 02:36 PM   #8
gmrwebteam

You need to focus on your clientele, can't just target everyone, of all demographics and all sorts of behavior. Get to know the clients whom you think will support your business. They are, in fact, the main reason why your business exists. Know their needs and try to fulfil them through your services and products.

Old 28th August 2014, 11:16 PM   #9
RobertBrewer

Using Linkedin site for business promotion? Well, that’s definitely a new information to me. Thanks James! And yeah, I have used loyalty program to promote my business and it was quite effective. So I agree with Matt too.

I think direct mail marketing will also work. I dealt with Troi mailing to do a direct mail campaign for my business in Toronto a couple of years before. It turned out very well and I built a strong and productive customer relationship. A well-crafted customized, personalized mail is an ideal way to let your customers know that you value them.

It is one of the best customer retention strategies. Video marketing is also effective for promoting your business especially if you have any special offers, deals or to introduce a new product.

RobertBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 11:18 PM   #10
RobertBrewer

Default Direct mail marketing

Using Linkedin site for business promotion? Well, that’s definitely a new information to me. Thanks James! And yeah, I have used loyalty program to promote my business and it was quite effective. So I agree with Matt too.

I think a direct mail marketing will also work. I dealt with Troi mailing to do a direct mail campaign for my business in Toronto a couple of years before. It turned out very well and I built a strong and productive customer relationship. A well-crafted customized, personalized mail is an ideal way to let your customers know that you value them.

It is one of the best customer retention strategies. Video marketing is also effective for promoting your business especially if you have any special offers, deals or to introduce a new product.

RobertBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote