Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd July 2011, 04:46 PM   #11
Richard Blake

Does anyone know if 'linkedin' has a direct effect with regards to SEO? or is it more of a tool for direct communication..

Richard Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 9th July 2011, 05:13 AM   #12
eyt2011

it depends.

Linkedin is the no 1 professional networking site. Try linkedin ads as well engage with groups.

Karen

eyt2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 06:16 PM   #13
UtahPRGUy

The best thing about LinkedIn to me, is you can post jobs, and get higher quality candidates compared to other job websites. You can also search for candidates very easily. This will be especially useful when your company starts in the growth phase.

UtahPRGUy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 10:04 AM   #14
smallbus01

Linkedin is probably one of the least spammed website out there. It is great for directly connecting with people or networks of different kind. They allow good advertising that will surely get to your preferred niche. It is where all the professionals are. It is great how they do things on there.

smallbus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 10:45 PM   #15
SmallBusinClick

Participation in LinkedIn has a strong SEO effect. You need to know how to optimize your profile on LinkedIn.

I opened a new group there 'Small Business SEO Experts'. Everybody is invited. Yes, I happen to know how to optimize profile among other things. Actually, I will post some thoughts there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Blake View Post
Does anyone know if 'linkedin' has a direct effect with regards to SEO? or is it more of a tool for direct communication..

Old 25th October 2011, 04:09 PM   #16
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

Linkedin is one of the most effective way to market your business to the world. But of course considering some things are still intact in this. For example your business must have a services for others, and etc.

Old 26th October 2011, 03:49 AM   #17
Dane Pymble

Default Linkedin

I think the best way to use Linkedin is to get involved in Groups related to your niche and use Linkedin Answers.

Also link your Blog & Twitter posts to it so you are delivering valuable content to your followers.

It is also a great way to get introduced to people that are Linkedin with someone you know who can do the introducing, playing on the "social proof" phenomenon.

Dane Pymble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 04:27 AM   #18
henricsmayores

Actually I haven't used LinkedIn yet, but when I have read the thread, it came to my mind why not engage with LinkedIn for my social media strategies. (This is also a social media site right?)
Thanks!

-Henrics

henricsmayores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 03:28 PM   #19
Neil D

Linkedin can be a great way of building contacts. I find it a lot more productive than facebook. Unfortunately I don't devote enough time to it to get the most out of it.

Old 6th November 2011, 07:32 AM   #20
Gary Barzel
VIP Contributor

According to a April 2011 study from ROI Research and Performics, 59% of online consumers rate having a LinkedIn account 4 or 5 on a five-point importance scale, compared to 53% giving this level of importance to having a FB account. So the potential is definitely great, it just has to be utilized properly, by networking, and developing relationships with your target audience.