Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Print Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st September 2009, 03:22 PM   #1
lunartcorp

I like using coupons as long as it is attractive. I mean 5% or 10% coupon probably does not bring a lot of customers but for them having them in paper to use it later is painful. Usually they forget about them.

Sending them to a phone would help them to have them handy, but forgetting is still an issue to resolved.

What about sending coupons to a phone that goes to your customer's calendar and remind them to use it?

Regards,

Jose

Old 22nd September 2009, 08:09 AM   #2
smallbizmkter

Hi Citycliq,

Definitely good idea, depending on the business type. I have worked with businesses of many types and it is not always appropriate. Some industries, however, it is almost expected by the consumer:

carpet cleaning cos
pizza delivery
restaurants
etc.

I posted a thread here http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/fo...ad.php?t=27870
where I talk about success with one of my clients using coupons on his website. Basically using coupons not just to get customers but also to build a list - that way, we can monetize the web traffic we are working so hard to achieve.

smallbizmkter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 03:13 AM   #3
mikemark

Also do not forget that there are many free online coupon sites which can benefit you, i remember one travel web site using and promoting coupons in these sites and getting good traffic

mikemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 04:33 AM   #4
Label Printing

I think coupons are helps to draw customers to your site. It's unique and good idea to attract to visitors.

Label Printing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 04:24 PM   #5
proprint1

Default Coupons are great

I am a big fan of coupons. You have to remember, most customers have a big fear of change, a fear of switching from an old vendor to a new vendor. Coupon help this type of clients try something new. There is a feeling of less losss if thing don't work out and it is helpful to the client and the business who offers the coupon. Remember, the coupon has to be big, you must give a lot out to attract the new client. Once they have tried you and see your price is good, your service is good, then it will be hard to switch you for a new vendor, because now you are in their comfort zone.

proprint1 is offline   Reply With Quote