Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd September 2007, 06:34 AM   #1
kashifehsan

Default Need A Marketing Strategy For New Pizza Outlet

Dear respected members,

My name is Kashif & I belong to Pakistan. I want to open a small pizza outlet with take away & free home delivery options.

Due to low finances I am opening this outlet on my own place & not in a market. This is a commercial location near to my house but away from area's main markets. Due to this there is not enough public gathering near to it.

Also, I have to cope with following challenges;

1. Currently I have no closed sitting arrangement for customers.
2. My brand name is completely unknown to the customers.
3. My competition will be with very popular brand names such as Pizza Hut.
4. In long run my limited customers will remain the same.
5. As already mentioned above, my place is at a distance of 1~2 km far from my area’s commercial places.

But, I feel that this is the right time to capture the market of this area because of following reasons;

1. I have plently of wide open green space for customers to sit and also to park their vehicles.
2. There is no specialized pizza shop in this area. There are some bakeries who are selling pre-baked pizza.
3. To eat a fresh hot pizza people have to visit city market (Main Bazar or you can call it super market which is approx. at a distance of 8~10 kms from my area).
4. As we all know; people like change so I think change in taste will attract customers.
5. Ordering a pizza for home delivery normally take more than one hour to reach to the customer. As you know it effects freshness and hotness of the product.
6. Also my place is on the road parallel to main road of housing society.

In these conditions please suggest what will be a successful marketing strategy.

I would be very thankful to all of you

Kashif
Pakistan
[/font]

kashifehsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 2nd September 2007, 09:43 PM   #2
SupplyNDemand

Send a message via Yahoo to SupplyNDemand

HI Kashif,

To build an effective marketing strategies. You first, need to understand your strengths and weaknesses. You need to know what you have to offer as well as what can others benefit from your products and services. As you mentioned above, I see that you have many advantages that other competitions don't have. Those are:

1). Parking lot and wide open areas. You can use these to your advantage by creating a nice neighborly- friendly atmosphere. Use your open areas to create a nice hang out place for people to come to have fun after a hard working day and to have a place for them to socializing.
2). If there's no competition within your area. Then you shouldn't focus on competing rather you should focus on increasing level of recognitions of your brand (Image). You can create fliers with discounted coupons to draw customers into your place. You can create the flier with a computer and spend a day delivering fliers to households. It's cheap and effective. Net working is another form of inexpensive marketing technique that I highly recommended.
4). Focusing on creating fresh and healthy ingredients. You have a competitive edge over other competitions. That competitive edge is convenience.
5). You need to do a little bit of demographic researches to ensure and maximize your primary target customers. Demographic such as: population, age, income. Understand your market is the key to success.

Yours Disadvantages are:
1). Your targeted market is limited due to your location.
2). You competitions have captured the larger market shares such as: Metropolitan, city, and main streets. Where lots of people passing by everyday.

Yes, you can compete against them. Focus on your core distinctive values ( fresh, healthy ingredients, convenience, large parking lot, neighborly-friendly atmosphere and fast delivery). These will be your core distinctive values that other competitions don't have.

I hope my advice will help you in determining what's best for your business. Best of luck to you.

Kenny

Last edited by SupplyNDemand; 2nd September 2007 at 09:48 PM.
SupplyNDemand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 04:33 PM   #3
kashifehsan

thanku for your positive comments.
What is your opinion about customers survey.It will include following questions;

1) How many times in a month do you eat pizza?
2) How many times in a month do you drive to get your pizza?
3) How many times in a month do you get pizza delivered?
4) Which restaurants do you get pizza from?
5) How much do you spend on average for a pizza?
6) What are your favorite pizza toppings?
7) If another pizza store opened closer to your home (business), why (or why not) would you buy pizza from them?
8) Can I get your contact information (email/phone/address) to send a coupon to?

If i get an idea that the people want a pizza shop in this area then i will setup my business here.
Lets suppose if i go for that then can you tell me a winning formula for success in my case. Please also suggest marketing plan and things to do to attract customers towards my outlet as it is away from main market.

regards,
Kashif

Old 3rd September 2007, 09:33 PM   #4
zoobie
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to zoobie

The survey questions you have are good. It's like getting the ratio and you can tell how many customer will you have in a day. Plus, you can ask them, 'in what times do they often order pizza'. Is it for lunch or snacks in the afternoon or midnight? You can ask for the price range of pizza they can afford to buy. You know, some of your future customers are students.

Best of luck!

Old 5th September 2007, 01:24 PM   #5
kashifehsan

Default fresh & new ideas

i need fresh & new ideas so that custmers like to visit my place!!

please support me

Kash