Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > Reviews
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th March 2016, 02:31 PM   #1
whyboba

Default Website Review Request

Hello!

Definitely new to this forum - but have been operating as an entity for several years now.

Just recently rebranded, set up new HQ and rolling out nationwide.

Some background - we are a membership-based organization solely supporting small businesses in the US. Using big-business buying power, we can help small business owners save on credit card processing, insurance & more.

So, without further adieu:

whyBOBA.com

Thanks!

whyboba is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st April 2016, 10:10 AM   #2
EricB
VIP Contributor

Hello,

I looked at your website and I think the site overall looks pretty good. Here are some of my thoughts on areas you could improve:

1. The slider on the homepage goes a little to fast, try slowing down the images so people have time to read the text and look at the image.

2. On the desktop the layout is nice, but when I viewed it on a tablet the text overlapped each other on some places.

3. In my opinion, there is too much going on with the Credit Card Processing page. There are three columns, Proven Results, the actual main text, and the side bar with the different widgets. When I first landed on the page it was a little overwhelming with all the text and I was unsure what I should be reading first. It looks like you did something similar on other pages as well. I think it make the pages look crowded and you could potentially cause people to get overwhelmed and leave.

4. Would it be possible to turn your Proven Results page into more of a case study page? Instead of using general terms like "a retail store" you could use the stores name, with their permission. It is so much more compelling to see an actual store name, maybe even a picture of the owner next to it. It would make people feel more comfortable about using your services.

5. One last small item, I would have the numbers for your phone number as well if you want to have the letters. Many smart phones don't have the letters next to the numbers, so it would be extra effort for people to figure out how to call you. Also, if you click on the number on a desktop it brings you to an error page, maybe have it link to a page that says this feature only works on mobile phones or something like that.

I hope this helps!

EricB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 10:21 AM   #3
whyboba

Thanks for taking the time to review the site, and we will take your notes into consideration.

Thanks again!

Old 6th April 2016, 07:35 AM   #4
whyboba

Thank you!

EricB - we did implement some of the changes you mentioned. As the majority of our site visitors are mobile users, we specifically focused on ensuring those page views were much 'cleaner'.

Thanks again!

Old 6th June 2016, 03:34 AM   #5
Stephen Robort

Grade website,
Slider and theme very well.

Stephen Robort is offline   Reply With Quote