Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th July 2008, 01:50 PM   #1
brook.brian55

Default Need Help To Increase The Page Rank Of Website!!!

Hi everybody,
I am dealing in online business and looking for some tips to increase the page rank of my website. In this I need some helps from you people. Please suggest me some tips so that I can get good traffic to my website and get more benefits. Your any suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

brook.brian55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 14th July 2008, 03:03 PM   #2
wakewan

Unfortunately, there's no quick or ethical way I know of to increase your website's page rank. It is mostly a time and quality equation. And, it is arguable whether or not that is the paramount issue you should be focusing on - not sure what your objectives are... But, for the long term I would suggest the fundamentals: create a good website with unique, well-written content - focus more on human users not the search engines. Get other high-quality websites to link to yours. Learn to use social media and viral marketing to create buzz about your website.

wakewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 04:36 PM   #3
bhartzer
VIP Contributor

Quote:
looking for some tips to increase the page rank of my website
Let me first ask, "why?" Why do you care about PageRank? Google's PageRank really has nothing to do with actual search engine rankings.

Like wakewan said, there's really no quick or way. Focus on adding content to your site on a regular basis and work on getting high-quality, on-topic websites to link to your site.

Old 14th July 2008, 04:38 PM   #4
viper_one
VIP Contributor

yes try: http://www.webconfs.com/

-Back links are very important, I am told.
-The subject of you site is critical, because some subjects are overloaded on search.
- Original content is good advice.
-More traffic the better.
-Persistence
-SEO tips found on the page above.

Hire somebody else, because the subject requires some personal interest. Too much at times, when you trying to conduct business.

Old 14th July 2008, 07:22 PM   #5
homebizseo.com
VIP Contributor

Pr does have some weight in SERP. As your site matures and has backlinks, content and a few other factors it will be given a PR when Google updates.

Old 14th July 2008, 11:16 PM   #6
pricilla

Why not submit articles to social network, or hire a SEO to do it for you, or you can do it your self theres a lot of tutorial in web.

pricilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 01:37 AM   #7
rpf_81

Quote:
Originally Posted by brook.brian55 View Post
Hi everybody,
I am dealing in online business and looking for some tips to increase the page rank of my website. In this I need some helps from you people. Please suggest me some tips so that I can get good traffic to my website and get more benefits. Your any suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
- There are a lot of ways you can work on to improve your PR. I follow 2 simple and easy methods to get more and more traffic. As a result my Alexa Page Rank shoots up from 34 Lak to 7 Lak within a month.. And still working hard to get it in the top 1 Lak

Follow these steps
------------------
1. Forum Posting
2. URL Submissions

1. Choose forums that are related to your site content. And post your questions and views there.. And if people feel attractive, they will sure visit your site.

2. Submit your site in URL SUBMISSION sites.. There are a lot of site available in google search.. So try some. But I dont find this method more successful....
Best of Luck...

rpf_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 01:41 PM   #8
StadiaStudio

Send a message via Yahoo to StadiaStudio

Everyone has some great suggestions. I would just add that as you're posting forum comments and articles, you must, of course, include your site URL!

I noticed right away that you hadn't added it to your signature. That's an easy way to start creating those backlinks that were mentioned earlier.

StadiaStudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 07:15 PM   #9
TryUsOut

Having a high PR does not mean you'll get more traffic - this is a fact. Having high SERP placement will most likely give you more traffic.

If you really want to improve your PR, content would be a major issue. Unique, useful and relevant content in your niche would attract organic link from other sites - this kind of link will pass on more link juice. You may also build more dofollow backlinks from directories, blogs, forums and other venues as they would all help in the long run.

TryUsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2008, 09:48 AM   #10
chesa7

Default what is an Lak?

rfp refers to Lak's -- what are they?

Laura

chesa7 is offline   Reply With Quote