Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th November 2010, 11:44 PM   #1
techmodi

Default What About The Web Pages Which Content Gets Change? Then What About Their Meta Tags?

Hello all,

First of all sorry because I think I didn’t explain my question properly in title of the forum. My question is related to one of my website in project. This website has two pages that are dynamic in terms of content. Actually those two pages contain the deals discount banner plus information related to recent offers going on for restaurants, vacations, website design and more for some specific location in USA.

My query is that how to decide the tags for such web page. Every deal on the page gets over after a certain period of time. What if I add tags relevant to few deals that are currently present on those web page and what when the deals (content) will get change? How can I change my tags for those pages, every time?

Hope I explained my query in an appropriate way. I am searching for the same on web. I am in need of some guidelines related to this topic. Waiting for replies! Thanks!

techmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 17th November 2010, 06:17 AM   #2
Ryuren

that's a difficult subject to be honest, what you don't want to be doing is changing your meta tags all the time as this will highly affect your SEO.
what I would suggest is to use keywords that are relevant to what you do if you get my point, for example> Designing, Cheap Deals, etc
You Can use different meta tags for each page, that's fine as long as you optimise for both, just be careful with that.
I couldn't give you any keywords as such but you can use Google Adwords, check up what keywords are used ans such

hope I helped in some way, if not then nvm all that^

Ryuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 03:44 AM   #3
techmodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuren View Post
that's a difficult subject to be honest, what you don't want to be doing is changing your meta tags all the time as this will highly affect your SEO.
what I would suggest is to use keywords that are relevant to what you do if you get my point, for example> Designing, Cheap Deals, etc
You Can use different meta tags for each page, that's fine as long as you optimise for both, just be careful with that.
I couldn't give you any keywords as such but you can use Google Adwords, check up what keywords are used ans such

hope I helped in some way, if not then nvm all that^
Yup, I am planning to follow same. I will choose some general keywords for the pages which content is static. The keywords which I will fix for the pages with dynamic content will include some general as well as variable keywords.

For example if I choose "Chicago restaurant deals" then I will also choose "Chicago deals" because if some "Chicago restaurant deals" gets end, and only "Chicago vacation deals" are left then at least "Chicago deals" will exists in keywords and "Chicago vacation deals" comes under "Chicago deals".

Hope this will work. Please correct me if I am going wrong. Thanks for the suggestion!

Old 19th November 2010, 12:50 PM   #4
jaairey
VIP Contributor

I am not sure the keyword meta tag really matters that much. I see the problem as being the description meta tag.

Since you only have 2 pages unless the pages change really frequently, then you could easily rewrite the description tags when the pages change.

Accurate, rather than very generic, description meta tags will make a page much more likely to be clicked on if the text of this tag is what is displayed in organic search.

jaairey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 12:26 AM   #5
techmodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaairey View Post
I am not sure the keyword meta tag really matters that much. I see the problem as being the description meta tag.

Since you only have 2 pages unless the pages change really frequently, then you could easily rewrite the description tags when the pages change.

Accurate, rather than very generic, description meta tags will make a page much more likely to be clicked on if the text of this tag is what is displayed in organic search.

That's really a good solution for the issue. The description part could be changed as per the content and will be helpful if displayed in organic search. Thanks for the suggestion!