Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Trade Shows, Conferences & Expos
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th November 2007, 01:08 PM   #1
ExhibitsUsa

Default Top Trends In Trade Show Booths

Some of the latest trends we've been seeing in companies are finding the most success with. Being both portable and scalable are good to keep in mind when putting a display together. Since most companies will show at a number of conventions in a year, and will have different spaces to adjust to each time.

Knowing how to effectively grab the attention of conventioners and keep it, however, are still key.

ExhibitsUsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 28th November 2007, 02:16 PM   #2
FHI Windows

With most of the new trade show booths looking the same are you finding a market for new and different looking booths? It seems like everyone has the same black background with the curvy wall.

FHI Windows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 04:16 PM   #3
sdk1988
VIP Contributor

Just came back from RSNA, there was a variety of exhibits there, I did not see a real trend on the floor this year. I did see a handful of dark booths, I also saw a lot of think walled off exhibits, which gave me a un-approachable feeling.

There were several exhibits that had wonderful confernce rooms in the center of the trade show exhibit.

I liked the free flowing exhibits, and I loved the chairs I saw there, I couldnt get a name out of the folks that had them in their booths though.. they looked futuristic and had spines on the back of them that flexed with your spine. Very cool !

sdk1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2007, 03:16 AM   #4
Wilks_eye
VIP Contributor

Trade shows are like simplified markets- you have to have a one simple effective gimmick that would catch the atention of the viewers. It depends on the style of the convention and your product though.

Wilks_eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2008, 08:48 AM   #5
Jayson88

Cost of the display hardware is always a concern... With the rising costs we face, fuel, travel, meals, etc...You want something that is reasonably priced, easily transportable and simple to assemble. It helps if you can forward your displays via UPS or Fed Ex to reduce cost.

The real key is getting graphics that have POP!.... most display hardware is essentially the same. Your customers are looking at the message not the hardware... spend your hard earned money on effective graphics...

Last edited by Jayson88; 8th April 2008 at 08:53 AM.
Jayson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 09:30 AM   #6
Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson88 View Post
The real key is getting graphics that have POP!.... most display hardware is essentially the same. Your customers are looking at the message not the hardware... spend your hard earned money on effective graphics...
Does anyone have any experience with the big, touch screen, interactive digital display options? We're looking at integrating like a 40" touch screen panel w/ interactive flash presentations into our sponsorships so sponsor can have a bigger impact during the conference.

Makes sense? Any thoughts? Like? Don't like?

Old 30th October 2008, 10:36 AM   #7
sdk1988
VIP Contributor

Lightweight, modular trade show displays & exhibits are in more demand now. As Jayson88 said, the freight costs have risen, and portable lightweight solutions can still provide the versatility and a unique look for your branding.

I just read about a trade show promotion that was quite successful, a company gave away a pedometer with their company name & logo on it. They said after the show come back and I believe they were going to tally up who had the most steps and they gave away a 500.00 gift card.

sdk1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 10:22 AM   #8
poorrichardspro

Promotional Giveaways are still the #'s promotional attraction to gaining more sales. I am convinced because we convert 60% of our trade show meetings into sales because of our marketing ideas. Give away something people are going to remember, not just a pen, but possible a leather jotter (which cost you anywhere from $1.50 - $2.00 these days) whatever it is, there are so many cool, new promotional ideas out there, call me, I will fill you in on the new ones for 2008 like cell phone charging stations, lap top cool mates, big sound buttons, etc. The point of a good giveaway if that people remember you by the gift you give because think about it, you go to a trade show and all you see is booth displays, which are awesome these days, but once you leave the show, you remember what you have in your hands and if you bank that up with a follow up call saying, "Hi So And So, I am calling from <YOUR COMNPANY> at we met at <THIS SHOW>, we were the ones who gave you the <PROMO ITEM THAT STANDS OUT>, member us? And they will remember you before anyone else and there begins the conversation of trust and work your magic for sales, its a great concept and builds customer trust in you. If you spend on them, they will spend on you.

Hope this helps,

Kellie

poorrichardspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 03:50 PM   #9
ComitSteve

Default Exhibiting Trends

We've been getting a lot of clients asking for monstrous exhibits. 30x60's. Apparently size does matter.

ComitSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 12:35 PM   #10
SmallBizRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComitSteve View Post
We've been getting a lot of clients asking for monstrous exhibits. 30x60's. Apparently size does matter.
Hmmm... we're seeing more interest in the smaller (and fairly simple) portable trade show displays. They are more flexible and don't cost an arm and a leg to ship and set up. Value is huge, as is flexibility. And full-size custom printed graphics seem to now be the norm. People want their trade show display to stand out, which seems to be getting tougher and tougher...

SmallBizRox is offline   Reply With Quote