Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Trade Shows, Conferences & Expos
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th June 2011, 05:18 PM   #61
EntrepeneuriAlR

I've been around the block with tradeshows...love and hate them. The name of the game ideally is to stand out from your competition, encourage attendees to come to you and initiate conversation, collect their info/data, and make an impact that they will remember when they need your products and services....easy

How do you do this?

I have seen people load up their booths with signs, displays, I have seen people give away products, prizes..I've seen people wear silly or crazy clothes..you name it, I've seen it.

The trick is to do something other than simply show up, which is what the majority of those displaying their products or services will do.

EntrepeneuriAlR is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 12th August 2011, 10:22 PM   #62
skillustration

Here is a short list of reasons that I think having a Live Digital Caricature artist at your booth is by far the best way to insure traffic to your booth.

New- My unconventional caricatures are hand drawn directly on my computer screen. Using the latest state of the art equipment and classical talent, Skillustration live Digital Caricatures offers what most attendees have never seen before.

Eye catching and Show Stopping- Its hard to miss the Larger than life Hd display screen projecting the drawing live, stroke by stroke, as the portraits come to life. Its even harder to miss the crowd and line of people surrounding the booth

Compact- My economically small setup has a big impact and can make the smallest trade show booths become the biggest hit of the event.

Creative- Aside from creating original art, creating smiles and creating crowds. hiring a professional caricature artist shows everyone that your company is innovative and thinks outside the box as well as personable and generous.

Fun and Exciting - Attendees break out of there shells and genuinely enjoy the experience of being transformed into a work of art. Their buddies watching really get a kick out of it too.

Ice breaker- It's a lot easier to make connections and create leads with people that are laughing smiling and enjoying themselves. People also love comparing and talking about their cartoons.

personalization - Nothing is more personal then bringing out the character of an individuals smiling face. People will remember the experience and keep their gift forever

Take Aways- Each subject will walk away with a treasured 4x6 print with your companies logo and a lanyard to showcase through out the convention hall.

Popular- Before you know it everyone in the convention will know of your booth. Word of mouth travels fast and attendees quickly grab their buddies to get their sketches done too.

marketing - Not only do they get a quality print with your company logo to take to there office and share. I can send the image directly to their email and smart phones on the spot. People are eager to make there new cartooned portrait their LinkedIn and Facebook profile pick and avatar. Now your company logo/website or slogan is viewable by countless potential clients.

take a look at http://skillustrationlive.com/

skillustration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 01:13 PM   #63
GOUSA

Default Golden Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieHFS View Post
What is the best way to get people to stop by your booth at a trade show or expo? I am already doing pre show mailers and provide some sponsorships anything else you can think of? Thanks
Here are a few tips to getting people to stop by:
1) Imprinted Walking Sticks (yard sticks) are a great giveaway because unlike other items given away, they cannot be hidden in a bag. People generally have them in their hands as their walking and it leads others to ask where can I get one?

2) Pre-show mailer item that suggests to stop by the booth to upgrade the product sent in the mailer. Perhaps you send out a plastic pen and they come by the booth and get a metal pen.

3) People like working with beautiful in-shape pretty people. Hire attractive people to work in your booth. We can all pretend not to be drawn by looks but goto a show and you will notice the booths with good looking people working them always draw the crowds.

GOUSA is offline   Reply With Quote