Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd December 2011, 02:02 PM   #1
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Default How Can You Find The "right" Customers For Your Business?

It is crucial to pay attention to the types of customers your business wants to attract. Most small business owners do not pay sufficient attention to this subject and end up leaving money on the table or not making money at all, as a result. That is why it is important to not try to sell everything to everyone and instead think about what types of customers are the right fit for your business.

But how do you go about finding the “right” customers? We think this should be a two-step process. First you should think introspectively about your business and then identify what types of customers will be attracted by the value offered by your business. We explained these steps in detail below.

Read more - http://www.angelbusinessadvisors.com...your-business/

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 5th December 2011, 03:34 PM   #2
DeniseTaylor
VIP Contributor

I'd like to offer an online perspective:

Online, we do adjust our target audience through keyword selection. Also a bit through trial and error. Sometimes an online business can draw a slightly (or outright) wrong customer base unexpectedly. The solution is to tweak the copy and the keywords until you attract the correct demographic.

Or . . . when you get lemons, make lemonade.

You can also find products to sell to the demographic you weren't expecting and get a bonus monetization method! :-)

DeniseTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 09:50 PM   #3
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Denise

You are correct. It is relatively easy to manage it online compared to brick-and-mortar businesses. However, I would argue that even for online business you first need to understand your target audience and tailor your web pages and marketing campaign to that audience. Of course, you can change course rather easily if things don't work out per your plan as I mentioned earlier.

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 08:02 AM   #4
CBIL360

Yes it is one of the biggest challenge to identify and to make reach to them. It is why when you target them you have to be very specific, you have to understand and analyze how they are searching for their requirement, what is their pattern. Getting traffic is not big issue than getting a customer. Cheers

CBIL360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 09:46 AM   #5
CNH18P

Default Customers 1st

It has been an #1 issue since sales and service has entered our world. If you plan on selling, it isn't just the sale anymore, you really need to service your customers so they'll be repeat cstomers.

I have great success with service with a smile, listen to their needs and welcome them back. When you have convesation with them, you also find out what the needs for your businesss are, they might end up divulging important products for your business that you missed out on.

CNH18P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2012, 09:59 AM   #6
AlbertMora

Old thread. The link is not working

AlbertMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 12:22 PM   #7
Sentrif

Default I want everyone!

I do. I do want everyone in my neighborhood and vicinities to come to me to buy my beautiful fruits and vegetables!

Everyone eats! Thi is why we are welcoming every person who ever wants to come. And we are placing ads in a papers and giving out coupons and generous gifts but coupons never worked!

Sentrif is offline   Reply With Quote