Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th July 2013, 01:40 AM   #11
Alastair

Optimize your website for mobiles and mobiles based Google searches. You will be able to get high traffic on weekends as well.

Alastair is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 18th July 2013, 07:36 AM   #12
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
Optimize your website for mobiles and mobiles based Google searches. You will be able to get high traffic on weekends as well.
That's a good point. Thanks!

PatprecisionE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 09:39 AM   #13
OlegLola

What about m-commerce?

It is often noted that mobile consumers are more purchase-oriented. M-commerce complements brick-and-mortar and desktop shops, significantly widening the sales channel. Whether you create a mobile application or a mobile website for m-commerce, the user experience is completely different from that on a desktop computer. Maybe, you should try it for yours sales increasing?

OlegLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 08:31 AM   #14
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Thanks all!

Is anyone aware of some conversion optimization software or agencies out there that could help us out?

Old 1st August 2013, 08:50 AM   #15
semaphore.v
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatprecisionE View Post
Thanks all!

Is anyone aware of some conversion optimization software or agencies out there that could help us out?
Try visualwebsiteoptimizer.com

Old 1st August 2013, 09:36 PM   #16
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

You can try optimizing your eCommerce site for mobile phones. Note that what you put on PC will be rendered differently on mobile phone screens. You are more likely to get fast, direct interaction with mobile users, because they carry them around and are always "on". Unlike PCs and laptops.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2013, 09:53 AM   #17
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by semaphore.v View Post
Try visualwebsiteoptimizer.com
Thanks! I'm actually using optimizely currently. But I'll definitely check this out.

Old 5th August 2013, 08:20 AM   #18
Lucidica.IT

At a first glance, the website is not very engaging. I know people come to your website to purchase envelopes not to be entertained but looks do matter and a nicer design would make customers linger for longer which is great for seo (aka climbing the organic search ladder)!

The design is nice and neat but there's too much going on and the visitor may get confused.

On the plus side, you've made it easy for the user to contact you - well done on that!

Old 5th August 2013, 01:08 PM   #19
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidica.IT View Post
At a first glance, the website is not very engaging. I know people come to your website to purchase envelopes not to be entertained but looks do matter and a nicer design would make customers linger for longer which is great for seo (aka climbing the organic search ladder)!

The design is nice and neat but there's too much going on and the visitor may get confused.
I could not agree more. I think the homepage is too busy and doesn't do enough to encourage the user to find what they're looking for and start the process of turning from visitor to customer. Great advice!

I'm already doing a few split tests on the homepage using Optimizely (for instance, I'm running an A/B test where I removed the banner). Do you have any recommendations on tests to run, changes to make etc?

Old 31st August 2013, 11:41 AM   #20
Daniel_GA

I'm a professional ecommerce site developer & designer by trade. I took a good look at your site and seems you're at a 2 google pr for the relatively new site which is not bad at all.

I noticed you are running google analytics which is swell. Of significance is the ecommerce tracking tools that google has recently implemented. If you're not running that js script for ecommerce tracking I'd highly recommend it. I have clients with sites some larger than 25,000 sku and the e commerce analytics when configured offer some very beneficial data above and beyond typical analytics.

On a design and aesthetics note it's been mentioned above somewhere but worth repeating. Too much going on on the home page. Slider design is great but too much text. Short, powerful single pointed snippets always work well. Focus should be on 1 item pers slider either product or value based. Good site though. I wish you much success. It would also benefit from responsive design as well to render on smart phones and most high end mobile devices. BTW I followed you guys on Twitter. Again best wishes.

Daniel_GA is offline   Reply With Quote