Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th October 2009, 05:00 PM   #1
royhunters

Default Interesting...

I just noticed today that if you change your signature information it changes the signature on all your previous posts....

Well that is handy

How does this work for people that are aware of it? significant in creating links to those pages I assume???

royhunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 19th November 2009, 02:26 AM   #2
stephen186

This helps a lot I believe. If I have a client, who has left me and the other one, who needs fast SEO and one of the forums, where I have my sig. really used to get me the traffic, then just a change will work a lot for my new client.

Hope i was not confusing.. :P

stephen186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 06:35 AM   #3
DavidMort
VIP Contributor

Of couse that's very handy for you and for your client as well, that's pretty logical, I guess

DavidMort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 08:26 AM   #4
nrvncanada

Smile dynamic linking

It seems links to signature is not static rather dynamic. I mean signature is not stored with the posts actually. Signature is stored at one place separate from user's post. At the time of viewing it signatures are attached to posts. Hence once signature updated the updated signature is attached with posts as no old copy of signature exists.

It is of great help, if poster's profile is updated all older posts are updated too. So the most recent active profile is visible to all. And hence can be associated with the author without any dead link.

SEO
SEO company Vancouver

nrvncanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 06:14 PM   #5
businessmatt

It can be a huge help if you have a lot of posts and are a valuable contributor to the site. Most forums are almost completely indexed by the search engines, so, if you have been a member of a forum for some time and have, say, 500 posts, and you change your signature to have a link to XYZ website, all of a sudden there are 500 links to that website. I'm not sure how the search engines rank multiple links from one source, but forums seem to have high page rank in general, so any link form a forum is likely to benefit you.

What's important is that you be an actual useful participating member of the forum. If you simply sign up to a forum and start spamming it with posts just to get your signature out there, you are likely to be kicked off or suspended. If you offer valuable content to the site, everyone will be happy, and your site should hopefully get some traffic.

businessmatt is offline   Reply With Quote