Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th April 2009, 07:44 AM   #1
kusha001

Default Facebook Links

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but do facebook links have a no follow, or can they count as backlinks?

kusha001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:08 AM   #2
vusal.zeynalov

Yes the links in facebook pages are nofollowed.

Other links - in profile pages are already walled to search engines. Spiders can't see the links on profile pages.

vusal.zeynalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 03:45 PM   #3
customtollfree

The main idea why businesses uses facebook is to establish prospective clients and increase traffic to your website

customtollfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 01:40 PM   #4
smartbookings

Is it me or are more places using no follow now, suppose everyone wants to maintain the PR

smartbookings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 09:54 AM   #5
Jack16

Facebook is one of the largest social networking site where you can get a lot of traffic. But the links from face book are no follow.

There are lot of sites like facebook which can bring some good traffic to your business and website.

Old 20th April 2009, 05:08 AM   #6
janicejan

when it comes with social networking sites, it doesn't matter if it has no follow tag in it, what matters it the potential traffic it can bring to your site.. specially on facebook that has millions of registered users, you can take advantage of it strategically.

janicejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 09:38 PM   #7
eZeeTax

Just because a link is nofollow doesn't mean it is bad. It just means that a popular website has taken an initiative to cut down on link spam which is a good thing.

FB is still the best place to advertise your business and create a presence. FB pages is something you should look into if you are trying to promote your business.

eZeeTax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 03:45 AM   #8
sahota

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartbookings View Post
Is it me or are more places using no follow now, suppose everyone wants to maintain the PR
I think yes you are right, more and more websites are adding no follow and I have seen this trend moving to blogs who recommend products. They will recommend the product within the article but add NO FOLLOW to link. Due to this attitude getting links are becoming difficult

sahota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 03:48 AM   #9
sahota

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusha001 View Post
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but do facebook links have a no follow, or can they count as backlinks?
Even I have not yet used Facebook's full potential. But I suggest you to make a facebook page at least for your business and then try promoting that. Might be on your own website also you can say become friends with us on FACEBOOK and give a link to FACEBOOK PAGE for your business. By this way in future you can use that PAGE to broadcast things like NEW ARRIVALS, DISCOUNTS or PROMOTIONS.

I think might be give something extra for people who join your group. You can simply say become friends with us on Facebook and you get 5% off from every purchase in future.

I thought about this few days back only so have to try myself. But on face of it looks like it might work.

sahota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 02:07 AM   #10
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

You should not use social networking website for link building purpose instead you should use to drive targeted traffic to your website which will increase the reputation of your website and at the same time this will help you to bolster your online presence.

acwebguru is offline   Reply With Quote