Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > Success Stories and Profiles
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th May 2009, 01:25 AM   #11
G-Money

hey I would love to get more information about your business and how it can help me start up my business I would really appreciateany information or contact info to get the ball rolling

G-Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st June 2009, 06:42 PM   #12
EOS

Send a message via Skype™ to EOS

Hi my business is Essential Office Solutions providing Sales Operations Support virtually to small and mid-size businesses.

I started this busines earlier this year after being laid off due to cost cutting measures again. Sales Support/Operations/Adminstrative are often times in the first of the cuts as the ROI is difficult to demonstrate for these areas.

At this time I am finding my biggest challenge to be identifying lead sources and securing long-term clients.

EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 02:42 PM   #13
roni

i work for a company which deals in printing...!

roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 04:17 PM   #14
Chris Glover

Default We are mainly a consulting business

We mainly do operational efficiency consulting and about 1/3rd of the time, we also do the implementation.

I have worked in the telco industry for a long time, and have made many connections within the industry over the years, so most of my business comes from those contacts. I am just now starting to create a web presence.

Basically how it works, is we study an organizations operations (so far mainly in telco or high tech / call center category but this applies anywhere), identify where inefficiencies exist and consult on improvements.

The key billing method that has worked amazingly well for me is the performance related billing. - What I mean by that is I don't charge any upfront money to the business. Once we've identified the opportunity for streamlining or improving process/technology, we calculate the potential benefit of making the suggested changes.

If it's a go, the first thing we do is ensue we have an acceptable (both to us and the client) way of measuring and tracking success. (be it a decrease in call volume for contact centers or a decrease in application support/integration costs, whatever).

We then bill the client based on a percentage of what he is gaining. So if the improvements we've done don't translate into direct benefit for the client, the client doesn't pay us a dime.

As most medium-large sized businesses as run incredibly inefficiently it's a piece of cake to find opportunities.

Brings out confidence and trust from the client, as well as increases volume because there is no risk other than time on the clients' part.

Chris Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 10:28 AM   #15
seanstevens

Send a message via Skype™ to seanstevens

Credit-Manager.Net Ltd is available to offer free advice to small and medium enterprises to ensure they get paid.

We also offer:

In-depth consultations on your quote to cash process.
Cash collection services
Introductions to credit risk services
Collections training.

All at very low prices. You can quote "SBIF" to if you would like a free trial of our collection services.

Regards
Sean

seanstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 04:46 PM   #16
hlassetter

Default hlassetter

hello everyone, I have a on-line web store, specializing in home decor

hlassetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 07:01 PM   #17
kimz

Hi!! I just started working for a small business IT support company called Responza.
When I came in, this company had gone three years without having any sort of marketing department, so I get the challenge of not only figuring out WHAT we do, but implementing business operations for marketing that will stick...
It's kinda ironic too, since my company works to organize small business IT departments. They can do that really well, but marketing- not so much :P

kimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2009, 03:48 AM   #18
DBeavers

Default I assist others...

I help businesses improve their business - increase sales, reduce on-the-job accidents, introduce new products/locations, boost employee morale, and with lots of other business solutions.

In the old days I would have said I sell advertising specialties or promotional advertising. But, much like a carpenter buys a drill because he needs holes, I sell imprinted products because to help my clients achieve various objectives.

Promotional advertising is a $20 to $21 Billion market in the US. I'm just one small part, but make a good income by providing much needed products to buyers who often already know they have the need, just looking for a source.

It's a lot easier selling water to people who are thirsty. If you can find a product that people need and want, with repeat need for your product, you can build a career for life.

Dennis

Old 28th September 2009, 04:49 PM   #19
arthur712

Wow! This is a great thread. What a bunch of great businesses.

About Me!!!

I have been in Sales for 30 years, My all time favorite is Marketing yourself.

Thinking Outside the box!!

My Business is Vehicle Business Card Holders for outdoor use.

It feels so good when I get testimonials about small businesses owners getting lots of new business from our product.

I am always looking for new ideas to help small businesses.

Like I said Just Think Outside The Box!!!

Thanks Guys!

arthur712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 01:04 PM   #20
estaban

Hi, I have recently sold a business in which we published and distributed three local business directories. Quite lucrative but hard work. I am currently writing an e-book for people who might like to give it a go.

estaban is offline   Reply With Quote