Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th December 2012, 12:46 PM   #1
chad

Arrow Are You Doing Your Own SEO?

Hey all, I'm wondering if most website owners out there handle their SEO efforts inhouse or outsourced? With the way Google changes almost daily I'm a bit too fearful of risking penalties, so I've decided to do a mix of manual SEO on my end (as much as I'm capable of, anyway) and then also outsourcing repetitive or labor intensive tasks.

What's working for you all?

chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th December 2012, 11:46 PM   #2
abhirampathak3

After Google panda and Google penguin update I am started my own site optimization. I am doing some of off page activity like guest posting, forum posting, blog commenting, SMO, bookmarking. I used unique and informative content for article and blog posting, because unique and informative content help to increase traffic. Most of the important thing is all off page activity should be relevant site.

abhirampathak3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 04:17 AM   #3
BacklinksPlus

Send a message via Skype™ to BacklinksPlus

The thing is, everyone is trying to do all these tricks to tricky google. If you just did the right thing and what businesses do and prepare actual quality content you will be safe. Give google what they want its that simple.

BacklinksPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 10:00 AM   #4
Kevin H

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
Hey all, I'm wondering if most website owners out there handle their SEO efforts inhouse or outsourced? With the way Google changes almost daily I'm a bit too fearful of risking penalties, so I've decided to do a mix of manual SEO on my end (as much as I'm capable of, anyway) and then also outsourcing repetitive or labor intensive tasks.

What's working for you all?
I 90% agree with BacklinksPlus above - that's a pretty good comment IMO.

Good content alone will not get you business though - you need to promote the content though (especially in early days). Just remember though that Search Engines are just one way and if you rely totally on them you are at the mercy of them!

My warning to you with regards to SEO would be this: you say you are looking to outsource the repetive labour intensive tasks as you are fearful of doing something wrong.
These are the bits that usually cause the issues if you get the wrong people doing them! I spend a lot of time explaining to people that SEO is not cheap and easy and that you should look to your ROI.
If it isn't there then look to other ways to get business to your site.

Kevin H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 08:43 PM   #5
Bo_Manry

It all depends on how much time you have. I outsource my SEO because I don't have enough time to keep up with the changing trends and industry. If you can do it yourself, you will save money.

Bo_Manry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2012, 12:03 AM   #6
chrismarklee
VIP Contributor

There is no short cuts to SEO. Actually you will get punished with short cuts.

Old 14th December 2012, 01:56 AM   #7
hannahsmith

Manry is right, its all depend on how much time you have.
Obviously a person who wants SEO for his site, need it to be in such a natural way that it does not look spamming, and does not harm or penalize his website.
So this should be done in a combo, some by you and some by outsourcing.

hannahsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 12:20 PM   #8
chad

The goal, for me, is to continue my own SEO until my site starts returning a good profit... Then I would want to outsource all SEO work so I can focus 100% on creating valuable content.

Old 18th December 2012, 05:59 AM   #9
hannahsmith

Chad..Good Luck!!

hannahsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 01:21 PM   #10
sthomas676

Yeah its good thing that you are doing the SEO by your own but its only possible to whom who have the time to get their hands in the SEO also but those who don not have time the are going to hire the SEO professionals you can be updated by blogs for current methodologies in SEO

sthomas676 is offline   Reply With Quote