Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th July 2013, 05:43 AM   #1
RyanPatrick

Thumbs up Semantic SEO?

Hi,
As per my knowledge just i know about Organic SEO..Now i heard Semantic SEO...What is this..?? Please let me know exactly about this new term of SEO?

RyanPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th July 2013, 02:54 AM   #2
Mellisa Smith

Semantic SEO means to target most relevant keywords for the content which will help to increase traffic and SERP rank in the search engine because search engine serves the best and relative results to user as per their search query hence we can get benefit by adding most popular semantic words in your title tag, meta tags, h1 tag etc. But make sure your content should relevant to those semantic words also.

Mellisa Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 04:09 AM   #3
karetra

I heard about semantic SEO for the very first time. So it's good practice to be adopted to gain targeted traffic to your website. I already used it somehow but i didn't know about the term. Thanks for shedding light on it.

karetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 08:25 AM   #4
Abhinandan Garg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellisa Smith View Post
Semantic SEO means to target most relevant keywords for the content which will help to increase traffic and SERP rank in the search engine because search engine serves the best and relative results to user as per their search query hence we can get benefit by adding most popular semantic words in your title tag, meta tags, h1 tag etc. But make sure your content should relevant to those semantic words also.
Thanks for explaining this, But I think that's a old new since Google now focusing in User experience not what you are making for search engine

Abhinandan Garg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2013, 01:06 AM   #5
Mellisa Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinandan Garg View Post
Thanks for explaining this, But I think that's a old new since Google now focusing in User experience not what you are making for search engine
Yes, thatís true that we have to think as user point of view inplace of search engine point of view. Including these types of words may be beneficial for getting ranking in the search engine but as my point of view it is useless to increase user experience.

Read this article : http://www.searchenginejournal.com/the-difference-between-semantic-search-and-semantic-web/65488/

Last edited by Mellisa Smith; 11th July 2013 at 02:00 AM.
Old 11th July 2013, 03:59 AM   #6
Gareth-TTC

Quote:
Yes, thatís true that we have to think as user point of view inplace of search engine point of view. Including these types of words may be beneficial for getting ranking in the search engine but as my point of view it is useless to increase user experience.

Read this article : http://www.searchenginejournal.com/t...tic-web/65488/
Its never useless to increase user experience as there is no point in being 1st and people not being able to find the information they want. As you will never get that call.

Good SEO needs to be user focuses and allow the search engines to crawl the content easily.

Semantic SEO should come naturally as not everyone calls an item/service the same thing so you page focusing on a specific term needs to have other words people might call it.

Gareth-TTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2013, 04:18 AM   #7
Kevin H

Quote:
I almost agree

I definitely agree with your intent behind your comment "But make sure your content should relevant to those semantic words also".

The point of semantic search though is that you get away from needing to use specific words on a page (and especially the whole keyword density thing) and instead make the whole content on the page relevant to a topic and Google will work out which keywords are relevant.

The idea here is that if you have the word "cricket" brilliantly optimised on a 'strong page' page all about football you shouldn't really be found for cricket related searches. So the search engines will look at your whole page to work out what the page is about and then try to match pages that meet the 'likely' desire of the search.

Further: the aim (at least the stated aim) is that other related terms may be returned that do have an exact match on the search phrase. So for instance: if someone searches for "the ashes", at this time, it is much more likely they will be looking for pages about cricket and not the residue left by a fire. So, as well as a mix of results being returned about fire residue and the competition "The Ashes", you may get links to the Australian or England cricket teams even though the words "the ashes" may never appear on the specific pages.

Having said that I would still always want my keywords on the page in some form; and still want my most important keywords in the right places (title, H1 etc).

Kevin H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2013, 01:01 AM   #8
Mellisa Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth-TTC View Post
Its never useless to increase user experience.

Semantic SEO should come naturally as not everyone calls an item/service the same thing so you page focusing on a specific term needs to have other words people might call it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin H View Post
I almost agree

The idea here is that if you have the word "cricket" brilliantly optimised on a 'strong page' page all about football you shouldn't really be found for cricket related searches. So the search engines will look at your whole page to work out what the page is about and then try to match pages that meet the 'likely' desire of the search.
Yes, it is only useful only when we will add content/webpage related semantic words means words that sounds as the main keyword.

For Example,

If our content is related to "web security" then we can use other keywords or synonyms which sounds the same like "web security" and more searchable by people inplace of particular word "web security" then it is beneficial for user.

Old 13th July 2013, 02:39 PM   #9
Theadora

Semantic SEO means optimizing keywords, their synonyms, miss-spelled word of the main keyword..

For example!

There is a keyword: "Professional SEO services"

It can be optimized for

Professional SEO Service
Professional SEO Services
Efficient SEO Service
High Quality SEO Services

Etc...

Theadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 07:32 AM   #10
Jessicacis

Default Semantic SEO?

the concept of semantic seo comes because of semantic search. It is a search which give meaningful results even after there is no such text query at all. Semantic search gives you the search synonyms and relates for the better results. You might type the word Jeans and google will suggest you "Apparels" for the better results.

Jessicacis is offline   Reply With Quote