Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Online Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th December 2008, 06:09 AM   #1
Tom Lindstrom
VIP Contributor

Default Do You Have A Daily Marketing Schedule?

Having a schedule makes things a lot easier and you are more effective when you have everything written down.You will do your daily work much faster when you are not surfing on useless sites or playing games online.

This is the schedule that I follow.I have tried every single marketing method there is and trough trial and error I have developed this, it works for me.

Monday: A new blog post, 10 relevant/useful comments on blogs, and 10 relevant/useful forum posts.

Tuesday: Social media marketing, going out to blogs and look for interesting posts to send to social sites using socialmarker.

Wednesday: A new blog post, 10 comments on blogs, and 10 forum posts.

Thursday: Research day, researching for hot topics to write about.10 comments on blogs and 10 forum posts.

Friday: A new blog post, 10 comments on blogs and 10 forum posts.

Saturday and Sunday: I work if I feel like working.

What kind of schedule do you have?

Tom Lindstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th December 2008, 11:20 PM   #2
jpopovic

Thanks for sharing Tom!

I really like to idea of systemizing your marketing efforts so that it becomes second nature. I have done well with offline marketing but when it comes to online marketing, I can definitely see how your schedule would help me out.

I am curious, do you just make 10 random comments and forum posts or are you a regular on each of the sites where you are posting?

Thanks in advance

jpopovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 03:43 AM   #3
benniegriffey

Well that's a good marketing schedule which you have
but i spend more time on Social Networking because it gets me more traffic on my websites and apart of that a bit of blog posting etc

benniegriffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 06:00 AM   #4
Tom Lindstrom
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpopovic View Post
Thanks for sharing Tom!

I really like to idea of systemizing your marketing efforts so that it becomes second nature. I have done well with offline marketing but when it comes to online marketing, I can definitely see how your schedule would help me out.

I am curious, do you just make 10 random comments and forum posts or are you a regular on each of the sites where you are posting?

Thanks in advance
Im a member of several online marketing forums.I visit them daily and post new comments only if I know I can contribute.I visit a lot of interesting blogs in my niche (internet marketing) and I make comments on blogs with the same principles as with forums.

Good comments are contributing to the discussion and adding value.When it comes to the marketing part with forums, the more you give valuable information, the more you will get traffic to your site.Those who use forums for self-promoting will not be successful.Its all about giving.

Last edited by Tom Lindstrom; 17th December 2008 at 06:04 AM.
Tom Lindstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 11:57 AM   #5
cwbyflyer

Tom,

Having a schedule is a great idea! I do a lot of the things you mention, but I don't have a to do list so I know that I've actually accomplished my goal of increasing my online visibility.

Thanks for sharing
Mike

cwbyflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 02:29 PM   #6
simonr

Send a message via Skype™ to simonr
Default I can't do the schedule thing... :(

So what I've done is put all the marking things I should do onto index cards one job per card. Then I shuffle them. Every morning (well, almost! ) I take one from the pack and do that... the at lunch time I do another one.....

Less systematic but at least it means I do something and I'm working on the idea that something is better than nothing, and this makes something of a game out of it so that I'm more likely to do whatever it is I pull from the pack: things that should be done lots are on multiple cards.

Simon

Old 31st December 2008, 03:54 AM   #7
veronica

Hmm that's a good schedule for marketing. Everyday I do blog comment posting and forum posting.

veronica is offline   Reply With Quote