Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Just for Fun > Chat
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd April 2017, 09:55 PM   #21
NittinM

Nope, I don't like to buy second hand (used) clothes. It's against my rules.

NittinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 3rd April 2017, 02:53 AM   #22
brentclark2003

I somtimes do that, if that clothes fit nicely to me. I don't care about second or first hand, as long as it's good

Last edited by brentclark2003; 3rd April 2017 at 11:05 PM.
brentclark2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2017, 10:37 AM   #23
blazerod

I do, but only jeans, jackets and shoes lol

blazerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 04:04 PM   #24
jennie90

Of course! I basically love that. I definitely prefer to buy clothes at second hand shops. It's cheaper, I always look original.

jennie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 09:00 PM   #25
annacorigant

Yes, I buy some of my clothes secondhand. I love finding something great for relatively little money.

I shop in person in consignment shops and thrift stores, and I also shop on eBay for certain designers that I like.

annacorigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2017, 09:10 AM   #26
crunchwrack

I am not sure if its just me or anyone else thinks the same. I feel that it is unhygienic to use pre-owned clothes. Unless otherwise it is a hand me down from a sibling or a close friend.

crunchwrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 11:13 AM   #27
blazerod

This depends on your beliefs. And in my opinion, there is no problem in buying 2nd hand clothes especially if you know necessary precautions.

Like for example, being aware that you might get an underarm odor when you use this type of clothes. Just saying- Good luck!

blazerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 09:28 PM   #28
Celin_G

yep. Mostly are for home use. Sometimes, I get to find really nice clothing that I use when going out with friends.

Old 3rd June 2017, 07:58 AM   #29
Brynn Thorne

No. I can't imagine myself wearing clothes that I don't even know who wore them first.

Brynn Thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2018, 10:11 AM   #30
TomAP45

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarled branch View Post
I've been getting almost all of my clothes at a 2nd hand shop since I was in high school...I'm 37 now.

Here are my reasons.

1. style- there is a vastly larger selection of styles (or can invent your own) when going to 2nd hand shops. You can get clothes from almost every decade- especially the fancier vintage clothing shops. Thumbing through current magazines of stores that sell only new clothing --the style/look isn't always what I'm looking for...which leads me to my 2nd point.

2. originality- I don't want to be wearing the same shirt -thats massed produced by the large clothing chains- that hundreds of other men are wearing. I want to wear an outfit -that friends or even strangers will say- 'hey thats a cool shirt ..or jacket..where did you get it?"

3. price- being always aware of keeping my spending low -I can't reason to buy one shirt thats brand new for say $35 (or more) when I can buy 3-4 used shirts for the same price-- and they are in great condition as well! Not like I'm buying damaged clothing just for the sake to save a few dollars..most times the shirt looks new and you wouldn't be able to tell other than the fact it didn't some in any fancy packaging.

4. makes me money- going to a used clothing store you just never know what you'll be leaving with--- sometimes I'll go to buy clothes only to resell on online auction websites for 3-4 times the price and make a profit

I think its fun and unpredictable... of course there are some items I buy new...pajamas, underwear, bathing suits.....but the rest is all used clothing.

As far as the bad luck superstition, I can see what you mean...but I look at it like this.... in life you make your own luck, the decisions you make ,the actions you do will dictate if its good luck or bad luck. An item of clothing has no power over you or your future --its a piece of cloth and no matter who wore it prior has no correlation to your life. Thats how I see it anyways...
Great answer! You hit it on the head!

TomAP45 is offline   Reply With Quote