Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Direct Mail
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th March 2009, 09:22 AM   #11
ted bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuva View Post
Good point! Remember, as many marketers turn to online marketing, offline marketing world becomes less crowded.

This is a big opportunity for smart marketers. You can use postcards, direct mail, display ads and classified ads in magazines and newspapers to generate leads and get new customers.
The right mail list and strategy can help you build your business. Many businesses are leaving the direct mail market and going online. Remember the older generation still can be targeted with direct mail!

ted bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 31st October 2013, 10:53 AM   #12
Murray Cowell

It's not spam as long as you try to engage with audience even from the title of your email. It's also important to integrate social media channels in your campaigns in order to be closer to your customer and make them see your purpose is not to be seen in an email thread, but to make him understand you're interested in his needs.

This is what email marketing should do before attempting to sell, in my opinion.

Best of luck!

Murray Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 09:27 AM   #13
Murray Cowell

If you do it right, there's no reason not to achieve results. The key is not to make it sound as an ad, but as a direct message to your customer. Don't tell him to buy, but make sure he gets that message in the end. If your headline and e-mail title are too focused on selling, then they would consider it a bad commercial, and ignore it like you do with your emails.

I hope my message is clear... If not, and you need help with email marketing tips, please contact me on my website, inboxincome.co.uk and I'll be more than glad to help with anything connected with the subject!

Murray Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 01:29 AM   #14
karenfisher252

Emails are definitely the most effective tool for reaching out to your potential customers, provided you use it optimally. Make sure that you are not putting unnecessary words just to stretch out the email. Keep it engaging, brief and compelling.

karenfisher252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 10:53 PM   #15
kdaniel171
VIP Contributor

Default I feel annoying

I don't like those emails, every time I open my email id I got dozens of such emails. I just ignore them and don't read them at all.

kdaniel171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 11:26 AM   #16
Rewardster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Schaefer View Post
Wait... so a company uses a program, searches websites that fit a certain keyword(s) and then extracts the email addresses found on those sites.

Then, they send emails to these people to market a product or services.

Sounds like spam.
Yes, this definition of "email marketing" does appear to fit the classification of 'spam', Tim.

What I've come to learn about people is, most are good-intentioned, and a few are willing to bend or break the rules at any cost. It's the few that bend/break the rules that end up causing the rest of us problems because then we are judged by their actions, not necessarily our own.

Best we can do is to make sure those that know us know our values and intentions, and remind people to judge us on our own actions, not the actions of others.

Old 16th January 2015, 07:36 PM   #17
dannbarbery

I don't really make use of e-mail advertising. I find that there are better ways for you to advertise your business in a more effective manner. When it comes to me, I find that these kinds of e-mails are annoying. It's likely that other people might feel the same as well.

dannbarbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 02:34 PM   #18
Vida Rinaldi

In my opinion, it is still a marketing strategy. Also, this is already proven, try checking google.

Vida Rinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote