Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Ideas Forum Info > Questions About the Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd July 2010, 02:54 PM   #11
Logan
Administrator

Quote:
you should set a number of post when reached, the post will be display without being moderated..
First off, welcome aboard and thank you for your patience as you get started with us.

What you said is how we have it setup. Keep participating and you'll see

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:03 PM   #12
jackdenny

the post can immediately appear only after the administrator manually approves it? yesterday i had a few posts in forum but it tells me that the post will appear after moderated. but with so many posts one day, how can an administrator quickly view and moderate so many posts? i also suggest to set a number of post when reached, the post will be display without being moderated

jackdenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:18 PM   #13
Logan
Administrator

Quote:
but with so many posts one day, how can an administrator quickly view and moderate so many posts?
It is not all posts and there are several moderators. Posts are reviewed regularly throughout each day for those that are filtered to be moderated. This includes new members and other criteria such as words or links in the post.

Quote:
i also suggest to set a number of post when reached, the post will be display without being moderated
That is the case. It is for "new" members.

If you are having difficulty with your posts getting approved then typically it is because of one of the following reasons (1) links included within the post (2) low quality post(s) that doesn't add substantial value.

If you are contributing substantial value AND are not dropping links then feel free to touch base with me if you have any problems getting started.

A bunch of me too posts don't count as contributing value, btw

Old 14th April 2015, 02:01 PM   #14
DantheMan
VIP Contributor

Default Member Status

I noticed my member status has changed recently from Member to Senior Member and now it's now VIP Contributor. With a little investigating, I've concluded that the reason for this is due to reaching a specific number of posts.

Can a moderator change a members status manually upon request? In my case, I would prefer to revert to being a Member. My reason is because I always feel the need to earn everything. I like to justify my existence and postions by acheiving specific goals. This criteria aren't included in my goals.

My perception of a Senior Member is someone who's dedicated a certain amount of time and effort with effective results in helping other members. I don't view myself as a Senior Member yet, much less a VIP Contributor. I don't want other members viewing me any different from how I view myself.

I'm not trying to suggest changing any existing standards being used. I simply would like to use my own standards for myself. Is that to much to ask? I have no idea how much of an inconvenience this would be, I understand if it's not a reasonable request.

In summary, I'm still too new to the forum in my honest opinion.

Thanks,

Dan

DantheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2015, 04:29 PM   #15
Logan
Administrator

Hm, never tried. So I did try with your profile. At first I tried to change it to anything I wanted, for example [One of the good guys]. That was submitted, but then I viewed your profile and it said Senior Member. Shortly thereafter it went back to VIP Contributor. I tried to change just back to [Member]. Again reverted back and won't stick. It's triggered strictly by the post count and something that reverts back if changed, best I can tell.

Old 15th April 2015, 10:07 AM   #16
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Sorry, Dan, looks as though you'll have to get used to your new status. You're a VIP in our eyes and that's all there is to that.

--Torka

Old 15th April 2015, 06:40 PM   #17
DantheMan
VIP Contributor

Awe shucks, Torka, now I need to earn those stripes.

Thanks for trying, Logan.

DantheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 12:26 AM   #18
david14beck

Default Same problem

Exactly i am facing this same problem on this forum. i checked my previous replies from last days but it hasn't show yet.

david14beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2015, 07:13 AM   #19
david14beck

Default Yay

Yay! today i found my previous post and replies, but still my replies are awaiting moderation.

david14beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 11:22 PM   #20
Vida Rinaldi

A newbie here as well. I've been reading a lot in this forum, participated in some. I'm glad I registered.

Vida Rinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote