Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Ideas Forum Info > Questions About the Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th May 2015, 12:30 AM   #1
david14beck

Default Post Approvels

Hello, I posted many times on this forum, but i checked my last posts they aren't showing yet. when i post it says." Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so"

my last login was on 23 April but still my post are inactive and they aren't showing yet. please tell me i spend time on this forum don't tell me i am wasting time.

david14beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th May 2015, 12:22 PM   #2
Logan
Administrator

Hi David, welcome to the forum. We have a system in place when new members start out their posts are premoderated. This is done to prevent spam from inundating the forum.

You can view all posts that have been published here:
http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/fo...er.php?u=90935

Typically when new members post, it goes into a queue and they should expect that it will be published within 24 hours although typically the same day. If it has been a couple days it was likely not approved. There can be many reasons, but common examples include link, spam, self promotion or posts that just don't contain much value or "me too" type comments. I noticed your own introduction had little included, but was approved prior to the time you mention. I'd encourage you to make substantial comments within your posts, which add value to the thread and they will be approved if not link spamming or self promoting.

Feel free to contact me any time you would like, I'm always around to help you with the forum in anyway possible. We are here to help, and hope you will find your involvement here productive and helpful.

http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/sendmessage.php

Welcome aboard

Old 11th May 2015, 07:09 AM   #3
david14beck

Hello

Thanks for your warm response, but i didn't post any link or any spam. i read forum's rules and regulations. still i couldn't find my previous posts.

david14beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2015, 11:44 AM   #4
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

I see seven posts for you now. It's possible that you were looking in the wrong place, or that your posts simply hadn't been approved yet at the time you were looking.

Your moderators are volunteers here. We don't sit around all day waiting for posts to come through so we can review them. It gets done when we have the time, so you may need to have a little patience from time to time.

All new members' posts are moderated for a period of time, not just for the first post. But eventually members are able to post directly to the forum without being pre-moderated.

And, as Logan mentioned, it isn't just about spam. It's also about adding value to the forum. I can (and have) disapproved posts that were obviously intended just to "bump" the member's post count (to clarify: I'm not talking about your posts, just low-value posts in general).

I look forward to your continuing participation in our discussions!

--Torka