Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > Reviews
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th April 2007, 03:55 PM   #1
angie5

Here is my new affiliate site that I have put together. Still in the growing process, but thought I would throw it out here for some tips or advice. I am open to any new ideas! Thanks

www.websitetools2go.com

angie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 19th April 2007, 01:41 PM   #2
Logan
Administrator

Hi Angie, thanks for mentioning SBIF on your new site

The top google adlink unit only shows one link when I view it and that looks strange to me.

My suggestion would be to create more pages. For example, you could have a page about keyword research and share some of your comments about each tool. From there, I guess even each tool/resource could have a page describing your experiences or providing your help. That way, potentially, you could rank your wordtracker page for that keyword and have traffic referred specific to your affiliate link.

Old 28th April 2007, 02:05 PM   #3
angie5

Ok, I made some landing pages off of the affiliate links, and added some new things, but I am still not getting anyone to purchase any products? Any suggestions of what else I can do?
Should I give Product summaries on that home page? But that just seems like so much for the home page... Please help!

Oh and I do plan to start up a blog off my page today too..hoping that will help!
Thanks

Old 28th April 2007, 05:12 PM   #4
Logan
Administrator

Do many people go to the site, how many visitors? That's the biggest factor.

Old 28th April 2007, 05:29 PM   #5
angie5

Here are my stats since I put the site out:

Day Number of visits Pages Hits Bandwidth

17 Apr 2007 27 34 34 657.23 KB
18 Apr 2007 32 35 35 620.37 KB
19 Apr 2007 35 44 44 780.73 KB
20 Apr 2007 59 62 62 1.62 MB
21 Apr 2007 43 44 44 1.02 MB
22 Apr 2007 42 45 45 1.13 MB
23 Apr 2007 72 85 85 2.41 MB
24 Apr 2007 86 103 103 3.04 MB
25 Apr 2007 47 49 49 1.00 MB
26 Apr 2007 65 75 87 1.80 MB
27 Apr 2007 48 67 69 1.13 MB
28 Apr 2007 26 37 55 618.40 KB

I know I probably need to work on my ppc advertising, but Im trying to save a little money until I make some. I am currently only using google adwords, I have MSN and Yahoo on hold for time being. Hopefully the blog will be some good free advertising.

Old 1st May 2007, 12:16 AM   #6
Logan
Administrator

That isn't much traffic to have much expectations, in my opinion. I'm not sure what type of keywords you are targeting, but based on my experiences if someone is going to purchase wordtracker they typically are going to go straight to the site (or which ever tool). I think that is partly because those who actually pay money/purchase are already familiar with the tool. Additionally, when it comes to tools - so many are free and most that cost money simply aren't necessary. On top of that, the overall area of website/marketing is also one of the most competitive areas to market within on the net - by nature. Not trying to be harsh, but a few of the big challenges I see for this.

I went back to the site, and took a few minutes to look around. I didn't find any more content or pages, so maybe I'm missing something you've added.

Old 22nd May 2007, 12:25 PM   #7
jv16

I don't quite like the color scheme of your site, to tell you the truth. Yellow is very difficult color to master on a website, and mixing it with blue on the header doesn't look good in my opinion. And the header image itself looks rather cheap, you should think about getting some professional designer to do you a new set of graphics (it only costs a few bucks but it's a great investment).

I think you should create much more content to your site in order to make it interesting to users. Now it's almost MFA, way too much affiliate links and ads compared to the actual contents (again, in my opinion).

Another thing is that your site looks rather generic. With some changes you could make it OK, but if you want to make your site great I think the best way to do it would go for more personal level. You are a woman writing about how to start your own home based business, you should use that! That's something different and interesting! Put your photo on your site, introduce yourself, tell your story. You can introduce yourself right on the front page with just a few sentences, and write a longer About Me page as well.

I think this is especially important because you use the "I" form on your site but you don't properly introduce yourself at all. There's no way for the visitor to know how you are.

jv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:58 PM   #8
TAAZ
Banned

Angie -- without sounding too critical, I'd like to suggest a few things.

Your domain name suggests "Web site tools" -- this is very misleading, as site owners, especially Newbies, are expecting "useful tools" ... all I see are a bunch of Google ads and links to Affiliate programs, which makes experienced site owners leave within seconds.

Here's 2 examples of actual, true Web site tool sites many site owners visit, because they have "tools" which are useful... Site 1 | Site 2

TAAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 01:31 PM   #9
zoobie
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to zoobie

Hope you can change your color scheme. There's a lot to improve in other things, too. Good luck!

Old 23rd May 2007, 03:49 PM   #10
angie5

Ok. so now check out my changes and then Im up for any suggestions on a name.....sux that I bought that domain though..but oh well..if I want to be successful, I will take advice from you people, right!?

http://websitetools2go.com

And here is one more I put together for a friend, any suggestions?

http://betterbodiesbycarmel.com

Last edited by angie5; 23rd May 2007 at 03:54 PM.