Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Small Business Finance
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th July 2010, 11:56 PM   #21
caindustin9

I am writing a business plan written for a family entertainment center, but I have horrible credit; I ruined it when I was in the Navy. There is nothing like the business I want to start around my area; the closest thing is individual places offering either laser tag, an arcade, or mini golf, and they are all at least 20 - 30 minutes away. I am wondering if there are any lenders, maybe Angel Investors, who would lend money not based on personal credit but would put more emphasis and weight on feasibility and profitability of the business. I am even willing to enter a partnership agreement in which the investor gets a percentage of ownership in the business for a certain period of time.

caindustin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th September 2010, 04:33 AM   #22
jacobbon

Default Funding Options for Bad Credit Risks

There are some options:-

1. Look beyond credit cards and bank loans for financing.
2. Seek loans from your relatives and friends.
3. Investigate microlenders and web-based lenders.
4. Don't overlook gifts and grants.

jacobbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 01:57 PM   #23
Kalen

I'd make fixing your credit a priority. It doesn't only affect getting funding but clients, partners etc. may look at it to learn about your character as well. i know one businessman who says that credit score is one of the top two things he looks at to identify character of an employee he intends to hire.

Kalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 04:17 AM   #24
williamjames732

Smile Start up loans

You can try some private organization who provides business start up loans. As you mention you have a business idea and plan are solid i think they can you give start up loans.

Best of luck!!

Last edited by williamjames732; 26th February 2013 at 04:18 AM. Reason: some words missing
williamjames732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 09:46 AM   #25
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressureProsInc View Post
Not too many. If you have a unique concept and can back it up with a business plan that outlines a company infrastucture, design, sales, and distribution channels you can find an investment capital group or firm that might be interested.
However if you don't have any connections, good luck finding an investor.

My advice is to start networking.

Old 26th February 2013, 09:49 AM   #26
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalen View Post
I'd make fixing your credit a priority. It doesn't only affect getting funding but clients, partners etc. may look at it to learn about your character as well. i know one businessman who says that credit score is one of the top two things he looks at to identify character of an employee he intends to hire.
I would then say that businessman is a fool. Credit scores are highly inaccurate (20% of credit reports are inaccurate). Not to mention that one may have a low credit score because they pay things in cash. A low character might actually mean you have outstanding character and don't borrow money.