Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Small Business Finance
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th July 2007, 01:04 AM   #1
Semetha

Default I Need Investment Advice

I am thinking about doing a 2 property deal tomorrow and would like to hear what you think about it. The properties are in extremly desireable areas of the Phoenix metro area(3,000 sqft. in Chandler & 1700 sqft. in Gilbert). Chandler property is a sale price of $515,000 and the Gilbert property is a sale price of $360,000. I will get a total of $65,000 back at the close of both properties. I will live in one and rent the other out. I plan to use the money to do a couple of rehab projects. I can borrow from hard money and use my 65,000 to do the repairs. These type of projects are hard to find but still can make $10,000- $15,000 profit off of each. Also I want to invest in some pre-construction projects but will have to make some quick cash first to pay my 2 huge mortgages. My problem is I am scared to do this deal. What if it goes wrong? I have never even owned a home before. I am young and have never invested money in anything. I make decent money but not enough to cover this mortgage for to long if my plan does not work out. I do know a good deal about real estate, I am a mortgage broker with a background in construction. I think this will all work out but like I said I am afraid to think what will happen if it don't. Please give me any words of wisdom you may have. Thanks from th bottom of my heart.

Semetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th July 2007, 07:59 AM   #2
wilson_flagg

Any Investor whether it be real estate, stock market, etc. needs to visit this site before jumping into the world of investing. It can get quite hairy at times. If you are scared now? you are in for quite a ride. Real Estate investing isn't all its cracked up to be for A LOT of people. Most jump into it because of the success stories, having no real clue what they are doing out there thinking that its fool proof...There are many fools in Real Estate.

One quick statement...Those who invest don't become wealthy with the "low risk" investments. High risk pays high dividends! Low risk pays a salary!

You can't be scared to loose. Sometimes putting it "ALL" on the table makes you work that much harder to become successful and in turn will make you SUCCESSFUL! If nothing is on the line, you have nothing to loose and 9 times out of ten...YOU GAIN NOTHING!

Check out the site www getrealrei.com. It will give you the confidence you need to go into Real Estate Investing! Good luck!

wilson_flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 05:14 AM   #3
urvi09

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson_flagg View Post
Any Investor whether it be real estate, stock market, etc. needs to visit this site before jumping into the world of investing. It can get quite hairy at times. If you are scared now? you are in for quite a ride. Real Estate investing isn't all its cracked up to be for A LOT of people. Most jump into it because of the success stories, having no real clue what they are doing out there thinking that its fool proof...There are many fools in Real Estate.

One quick statement...Those who invest don't become wealthy with the "low risk" investments. High risk pays high dividends! Low risk pays a salary!

You can't be scared to loose. Sometimes putting it "ALL" on the table makes you work that much harder to become successful and in turn will make you SUCCESSFUL! If nothing is on the line, you have nothing to loose and 9 times out of ten...YOU GAIN NOTHING!

Check out the site www getrealrei.com. It will give you the confidence you need to go into Real Estate Investing! Good luck!
Thanks for sharing your view. It will help many people before getting any decision.

Old 1st July 2009, 12:50 AM   #4
Payroll Tampa

When you think about investment it always contains little bit risk, but i would suggest you to take advice from known professional investment adviser and also investing own self too.

Payroll Tampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 06:36 AM   #5
maxmechgroup

Hello
If u like to invest real estate and Stock is really good option for my opinion but some risk are there.

maxmechgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 09:01 AM   #6
phanio
VIP Contributor

Those fears are what everyone faces. You just have to manage for them. If you are worried about holding the properties longer than you may want too - then try to set up a buyer for the properties before you buy them.

There is risk in everything; you just have to manage for them.

Try to outline your fears - then seeks ways to mitigate them - you won't every rid yourself of all your fears - but, you may be able to minimize them.

Laslty, think about finding a mentor in your industry that could help guide you through the process.

Old 19th August 2009, 06:36 AM   #7
jimkarso0

You will face risk in any type of investments. In my point of view you have taken a good decision. Real estate and Stock is really good options to invest.

jimkarso0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 07:29 AM   #8
loanboss

Real estate and Stock is good options to invest the money.without taking risk that time busines is not possible.

loanboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:15 AM   #9
zmonique2007
VIP Contributor

True, there are risk involved in any kind of investment. To avoid getting ripped off, make a further research before investing money.

zmonique2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 07:25 AM   #10
Erika1112

Hello,

If you are considering investing in real estate or planning to buy a home and need a mortgage to finance it then you should be ready to do some research. There are many options to choose from when it comes to selecting a real estate mortgage lender. Each lender varies in the loan products they offer and you will also want to shop around to get the best real estate mortgage rate. Then I would recommend considering royalcrownrealestate.com, you will get more ideas residential real estate. Those interested in residential real estate in California will find many types and styles of home.

Erika1112 is offline   Reply With Quote