Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd November 2010, 01:39 AM   #1
techmodi

Question How To Add Meta Description, Meta Tag To Each Post And Page?

Hello all,

I have created blog in Wordpress. Before this I worked on different blog websites like Blogger and Blogspot. I am aware of how to add Meta descriptions, Meta title and tags for each post as well as for pages and also for the overall Meta description, title and tag for whole blog. I tried to add all these in current Wordpress blog but I never found the option.

Please let me known the procedure for same. My blog gets crawl very rarely, once while in month. I suppose this is one of the reasons that my blog not gets crawl.

techmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:56 AM   #2
jaairey
VIP Contributor

Add a plugin such as Platinum SEO pack. There will then be a box, usually at the bottom of the page, on the edit page that has areas to fill in.

jaairey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 12:21 AM   #3
techmodi

Default Is It Free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaairey View Post
Add a plugin such as Platinum SEO pack. There will then be a box, usually at the bottom of the page, on the edit page that has areas to fill in.
Is platinum SEO pack, free of cost? Actually I don't want to go for paid option. Thanks

Old 3rd November 2010, 04:37 PM   #4
jaairey
VIP Contributor

It free, as are most other seo plugins. On your dashboard, go to Plugins, then Add New, type in your search phrase - SEO or whatever. Pick the one you think will work for you, then Install Now and then activate.

If you try the one you pick and think you don't like it, deactivate it, and try another. There are tons of them.

jaairey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 12:56 AM   #5
techmodi

Default Thanks for Suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaairey View Post
It free, as are most other seo plugins. On your dashboard, go to Plugins, then Add New, type in your search phrase - SEO or whatever. Pick the one you think will work for you, then Install Now and then activate.

If you try the one you pick and think you don't like it, deactivate it, and try another. There are tons of them.

Thanks for the explanation in detail. It will make my work easy

Old 4th November 2010, 05:16 AM   #6
sofiawmr

you can download this from
Code:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/platinum-seo-pack/[

sofiawmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2010, 12:45 PM   #7
rdcclu

Install and activate All in One SEO Pack.

Make sure your primary keyword for your post is in the title. Within 160 characters, write a compelling reason/benefit for the person to click over to your blog. Make sure you do adequate keyword research and enter about 6 of your top keywords. All you entries in the All in One SEO Pack override whatever else is on your page.

After you put up a blog post, go to Pingler and ping the actual page that the blog post resides on.

Then social bookmark your blog post.

A final option would be to make a 2 min YouTube video on the subject and put that on the same page as the post.

All spider food.

rdcclu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2010, 01:34 PM   #8
rockroad005

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcclu View Post
Install and activate All in One SEO Pack.

Make sure your primary keyword for your post is in the title. Within 160 characters, write a compelling reason/benefit for the person to click over to your blog. Make sure you do adequate keyword research and enter about 6 of your top keywords. All you entries in the All in One SEO Pack override whatever else is on your page.

After you put up a blog post, go to Pingler and ping the actual page that the blog post resides on.

Then social bookmark your blog post.

A final option would be to make a 2 min YouTube video on the subject and put that on the same page as the post.

All spider food.
Very informative post mate. I will follow this tips because I am also having a problem with regards to meta tags, it is so lucky i am to dropped by on this thread. Thanks for sharing, Appreciate it.

rockroad005 is offline   Reply With Quote