Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th August 2010, 05:40 PM   #1
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Default Why You Need Poker Face As A Business Owner

If you are not careful to check your emotions when running a small business you may stand to lose number of customers and sales. As a small business owner, you are not only the leader of your employees; but also represent the face of the business. Whatever emotions you show in front of employees and customers reflect upon your business. That is why it is important to have enthusiastic demeanor and smiling face when facing customers and employees.

Read more - http://www.angelbusinessadvisors.com...usiness-owner/

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 17th August 2010, 08:01 AM   #2
hdm
VIP Contributor

But hopefully the natural passion that you have for your business will shine through, especially when dealing with customers.

Old 17th August 2010, 08:22 AM   #3
cirklagirl

Default Beg to Differ

Sorry, I beg to differ AngelBiz...unless you are referring to holding your tongue instead of sounding off on a client or customer like that airline steward did! lol...

I think you should be real with people. One of the big reasons that social media is such a great avenue for small business is because it accentuates what good small business owners have always known... you have to get out there and be real with your customers to stand out. They have to learn to trust you and they won't if you have no emotions! Sometimes being controversial in a mild sort of way (and not like Dr. Laura!) helps to get attention for yourself. People who nod and say yes all the time are actually quite boring. That is my two cents!

cirklagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 09:03 PM   #4
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdm View Post
But hopefully the natural passion that you have for your business will shine through, especially when dealing with customers.
Agreed. I am all for showing the passion and real yourself when working with employees and customers. You have to have passion in anything you do. you might as well shut down your business otherwise.

Old 17th August 2010, 09:06 PM   #5
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirklagirl View Post
Sorry, I beg to differ AngelBiz...unless you are referring to holding your tongue instead of sounding off on a client or customer like that airline steward did! lol...

I think you should be real with people. One of the big reasons that social media is such a great avenue for small business is because it accentuates what good small business owners have always known... you have to get out there and be real with your customers to stand out. They have to learn to trust you and they won't if you have no emotions! Sometimes being controversial in a mild sort of way (and not like Dr. Laura!) helps to get attention for yourself. People who nod and say yes all the time are actually quite boring. That is my two cents!
The airline steward example is a good one. That's exactly what you can't do especially when you are the small business owner. My experience at a restaurant that I mentioned in the post is another example you want to avoid.

I do agree with your point on being real with people. I am all for it. What you want to avoid is buckling under pressure and snapping which can lead to negative impact on your business.